Having trouble with a fuse that keeps blowing. PLEASE HELP ASAP

matt_glesn

Reaction score
Ok so i was driving home from school and my speedometer light just went out all of a sudden. So right away i check my fuses and i found the blown one. It was the "small lights" fuse so i went to the auto shop and bought spare fuses. Its a 15a fuse and after i put it in it just popped again. I tried again and again all the way up to 30a fuse and its popped 6 fuses so far. What is the deal???? so i have that problem and i guess it did something to the taillights too bc they are not on and my headlights are. please help i dont know what else to do.

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
You probably got a lose naked wire touching the body of ur car..did u splice any wires recently? go check it and u got ur problem solved:peace:

finch13

Reaction score
I believe the mad scientists call that one a "short to ground"

For future reference, when a fuse blows, there is a problem. Putting in bigger fuses can make things worse before it fixes anything.

kn0x47

Reaction score
I believe the mad scientists call that one a "short to ground"

For future reference, when a fuse blows, there is a problem. Putting in bigger fuses can make things worse before it fixes anything.

exactly.

you have a short somewhere and hopefully you havent fried anything from allowing twice as much current to run thru

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
replace fuses with a smaller value, always, if another of the same amp rating is not available.

if a fuse blows out of nowhere (when you weren't messing with something), replacing it will just keep blowing it...since, like the others said, theres a short to ground.

check the trunk's wiring on the driver's side...thats a good place to start, since it goes up and down and can rub on the trunk arm. or...start where you last messed with something, if you did...

Back