Head Gasket Removal

honda_fitted

Reaction score
I've never changed a head gasket and was wondering if there's somewhere I could find a write up or something on how to do it. Also, how long does the job take?

james'99

Reaction score
It will take everyone a different amount of time. It really depends. Probably a good day's worth of work. If you don't have the service manual and a torque wrench or at least access to them, this is not the job for you. Torque specs are critical to compression and proper functionality of the head. You must also be careful in the way everything is tightened to make sure everything is even.

honda_fitted

Reaction score
I have everything I need I just needed help to figure out everything that's connected to the head

xci.ed6

Reaction score
with one of these (on a die grinder) it is FAST

hqdefault.jpg

coronafamilia

Reaction score
Would a blown head gasket prevent the car from starting up. Reason I ask is because I found a 6th gen accord for $1000 and the body is in perfect shape the owner says they told him it was a bad head gasket and that the car won't start and I would have to tow.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Unlikely that is is the reason it won't start. Very likely that is caused a problem, that now stops it from starting.

james'99

Reaction score
Unlikely that is is the reason it won't start. Very likely that is caused a problem, that now stops it from starting.

+1, but at that point, how much could you have to lose if you are capable of a motor swap if it isn't worth fixing? Provided the tranny is good anyway and the rest of the car is too.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Not to mention you can get 50k mile f23a1's sent over here from japan for like $400 bones.

Back