Headers

DrDoom

Reaction score
Depending on if your 4cylinder or v6. I know my 4-2-1 headers for my 4 cylinder have more clearance then the 4-3-1. but are quite abit lower then stock downpipe. The 4-2-1 headers give more lower end power, the 4-3-1 give more higher end gains in the rpm's. and don't buy the cheap **** off ebay you'll end up pulling your hair out trying to make it work. Dis is all I know.

agginline86

Reaction score
Depending on if your 4cylinder or v6. I know my 4-2-1 headers for my 4 cylinder have more clearance then the 4-3-1. but are quite abit lower then stock downpipe. The 4-2-1 headers give more lower end power, the 4-3-1 give more higher end gains in the rpm's. and don't buy the cheap **** off ebay you'll end up pulling your hair out trying to make it work. Dis is all I know.

lol where are you finding these 4-3-1 headers you speak of?

4-1 headers = mid-range power - less ground clearance

4-2-1 headers = higher end power - generally more ground clearance

Both of which will yield no noticeable increase in hp

DrDoom

Reaction score
my bad I ment 4-1 header its been awhile since I looked into header. Thanks for the correction. :dumb:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i bought a cheap **** header for my 4cyl, and a test pipe to replace the cat. my flex pipe rusted so bad it broke, and the cat was too rusty to weld, so i just bought the header and flexpipe and test pipe for like, $120 on ebay. clearance wise its fine with stock height, but it rubs a little bit on the sub frame at certain rpms (the header/collector) and it didnt fit perfect...but i just wanted a not deafeningly loud car

Back