Headlight "bubble" level

Mikey

Reaction score
Was this a factory item on certain lights/trims/years or what?

The lights that were on my 01 v6 coupe didnt have them but my blackhoused set does. I can get pics if necessary but Im hoping someone will know what Im talking about and will be able to shine some light on this.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
depends on the year and who makes them..2 out of my like 6 sets of headlights had them..also differs from sedan and coupes actually..just makes it easier to aim them...but really just there..haha

Mikey

Reaction score
Right on. I figured it was a trim/year thing just didnt know which ones got them.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Sorry for necro bump but this is useful and no sense making a new thread.

My car is lowered... will the bubble level still work? Meaning... if I level out the headlights via the bubble level is it gonna screw up my aim? Or should I just do it old-school and aim the lights at a wall, etc...

I never aimed my lights after I lowered the car and they just don't light up the road very well, and I even put in Silverstars in high and low beams.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Sorry for necro bump but this is useful and no sense making a new thread.

My car is lowered... will the bubble level still work? Meaning... if I level out the headlights via the bubble level is it gonna screw up my aim? Or should I just do it old-school and aim the lights at a wall, etc...

I never aimed my lights after I lowered the car and they just don't light up the road very well, and I even put in Silverstars in high and low beams.

You should check the aim whenever you change bulbs really so the seating of the bulb could change slightly.

The "bubble" leveler will work no matter what height you are at. If you set them so the bubble is right on the middle your headlight aim "should" be straight horizontal, but that doesn't mean its not pointing to the side(s) since the leveler only doesn't show angle.
... i would do the wall aim method...its easy and you can see the result(s)

Mikey

Reaction score
I think what he means is that since he's lower to the ground, will his headlights be aimed lower.

I'd say leave em where they were. And worst case scenario, go old school. And depending on how much of a drop you got, I doubt you'd have to worry about re-aiming at all. Perhaps move them up ever so slightly?

001Stunna

Reaction score
I think what he means is that since he's lower to the ground, will his headlights be aimed lower.

I'd say leave em where they were. And worst case scenario, go old school. And depending on how much of a drop you got, I doubt you'd have to worry about re-aiming at all. Perhaps move them up ever so slightly?

Why would you aim them higher once you lower your car??? You want to light the street not the air above

Mikey

Reaction score
Because our lights have an ever so slightly downward aim to them, that when you lower the car, the aim would go lower and thus, closer to the car. Im not talking about cranking them up, Im simply saying maybe give the little wheel like a 1/4 - 1/2 turn. Just enough to shoot the light outward more than up.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Agreed. A lowered car needs to have the housing adjusted to aim a little further up or the light will gather in the immediate (I use this term loosely) front of the car, thus not letting you see as far ahead. I had to think about it twice, lol.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
all the headlights ive had have had the bubble levels, even aftermarkets. both of my 6g's were lx's, one a 98 and the current one is a 99. another oem set i bought off of a member who had an ex, but im not sure on the year.​

Back