Headlight bulb help

99Vtec

Reaction score
So I was considering installing 6000k hids and as i was looking i saw a pair halogen bulbs that 'simulate hid output.'
I was curious if anyone has used these or heard anything of them. I thought maybe if i could get those and not have to deal with ballasts or anything like that then it would be great.
Any thoughts? Thanks.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
personally i wouldnt do it. if you talking about the ebay bulbs they suck. might aswell get a hid kit. its worth it as long as you get a good kit

99Vtec

Reaction score
personally i wouldnt do it. if you talking about the ebay bulbs they suck. might aswell get a hid kit. its worth it as long as you get a good kit

Alright, i was just curious. Are Xenons any good? I see em all over ebay, but then again, its on ebay, lol. Would it be necessary to convert my highs to hid as well? I had a friend saying it wouldn't be necessary, but i can never be sure if what he says is true.

BriTess

Reaction score
With eBay, you get what you pay for. HIDs for high beams aren't necessary especially since they take several seconds to warm up and flashing the bulbs kills the bulbs over time. Btw, I noticed you are in Gainesville, are you a student?

99Vtec

Reaction score
With eBay, you get what you pay for. HIDs for high beams aren't necessary especially since they take several seconds to warm up and flashing the bulbs kills the bulbs over time. Btw, I noticed you are in Gainesville, are you a student?

Thanks, no I'm not a student at UF, but hoping to be. Im currently dual enrolled taking a mix if high school and college classes at Santa Fe. Its a program the high schools do here that lets high school students take the college courses for free.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
They "simulate" HID output to make sales, get HIDs instead the DDM kit is like 45 bux shipped. Which Gainesville do you live in?

99Vtec

Reaction score
They "simulate" HID output to make sales, get HIDs instead the DDM kit is like 45 bux shipped. Which Gainesville do you live in?

Gainesville, Florida. In the 352 area, lol. Im close to the university. Only been here for about two years.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
It's awesome to see the local community growing, I was the only one here for a long time.

99Vtec

Reaction score
It's awesome to see the local community growing, I was the only one here for a long time.

Yeah, I've seen a TON of 6th gens around here. But they're either crap or there is a 60 year old woman driving it.
For the most part its not too bad here. I eventually want to go to a meet but the closest I've seen is in Orlando and i can't take too much time off of work.

Back