Headlight Prob Need help ASAP!!

swindian1991

Reaction score
Ok so this morning i was driving to school and relized that my left hid bulb was super dim so i pulled over replaced with regular 9006 blub. that fixd it well when i got to school i checked out and pluged the ballast back up and it worked fine. That was around 6.25am well now @ 7.45pm i was drivin and realized the the right one was dim now and both high beams were on but dim as well. so i flicked the highbeam switched and it didnt shut them off!!! so i replaced it with the 9006 and that did not fix it. so i checked out the fuses under the hood and they were fine, i pulled the left headlight fuse and both right and left headlights went out. Also realized that the fuse was really hot to the touch. Anyone have any idea what this could be? i need this fixed asap, i have pretty good mechanical skill but lack in the electrical field. HELPPP PLEASE! :eekwtf:http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/images/smilies/eekwtf.gif

Gotta Be Marc

Reaction score
That happened to me before. One of my hids didn't come on, and high beams were on dimmed, and wouldn't shut off.

I replaced the ballast that was no good, and replaced both, left and right side fuses. Everything worked after that.

Your cases seems strange though....

Try replacing that side hid's ballast and replace the fuses even if they're good.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Turn off car.
Replace 20amp fuses on engine bay fusebox for l/h headlights.
Unhook hid kit fully and connect 9005 bulbs for highs, and 9006 bulbs for highs.
Turn car on and check headlights.

If they still do not work check the headlight relays and highbeam cutoff relay.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are you running a relay with your HIDs? I've personally noticed a lack of power drawn from the stock system after a certain amount of time running them that causes one or both to go out intermittently. Simple fix, add a relay with harness to draw power directly from the positive terminal (not on the battery itself, but from the fuse box).

swindian1991

Reaction score
001Stunna Got that on point lol I went and looked over the fuses again and it turned out i had overlooked a blown Right Headlight Fuse. Replaced it and it fixed it but it was odd that both the headlights worked but one was just dim and that the high beams stayed on. I guess to compensate for the dim light??? Anyways thanx for the help.

001Stunna

Reaction score
001Stunna Got that on point lol I went and looked over the fuses again and it turned out i had overlooked a blown Right Headlight Fuse. Replaced it and it fixed it but it was odd that both the headlights worked but one was just dim and that the high beams stayed on. I guess to compensate for the dim light??? Anyways thanx for the help.

Glad it worked out. Only reason i know of the issue is because it happened to me before and it had me going nuts checking everything before i realized of the burnt fuses.

Back