Headlight reflectors/ leds

Thormx331

Reaction score
Yea i figured. i posted this mostly about sanding and whats a good set of leds. Wonder why no one ever painted them a different color? red for a red car? Ive seen this on a couple new cars

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Like I said before, Oznium, VLEDs, SBL, etc sell LED strips. Take a look on their sites. If you don't like any of them, you'll have to custom build your own. KnightRyder did that.

As for housings other than black, I think they look great personally. Here is a set of redhousings I did.

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

Thormx331

Reaction score
yea i like how those look. did you have a clear reflector strip in the bottom? just wondering because i wasnt going to put the orange reflector back in and didnt know if the small chrome reflector you screw back in would make it make it look more white.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You want the chrome reflector in there I'd say. And yeah, those have clear strips.

Whether or not you use the amber strips depends on what color you are painting the housing. For example, I thought the amber clashed with the red so I didn't use em.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There are a few of us that did the LED strips, so far KnightRyder has the best setup.

If you can find yourself the Audi ones, then go ahead. Probably not worth the hassle of getting them out, or the price.

If you're handy, you can find some super bright ones and custom make your own, as suggested.

Thormx331

Reaction score
thats what i would like to do. i have some lexan at the machine shop i work at and would just drill holes out and put about 5-7 leds in each headlight. Just between work and trying to finish up school i dont have time to really look up what exact ones i should buy. KnightRyders do look great,(love the brightness) i just dont want so many leds like everyone elses.

I just got these set of headlights from the local honda dealership getting my recall done and gave them to me for $20 (After telling me my srs was going to stay because of the seat sensor which was only $500)because they were yellowed over. Now i got them all crystal clear and split open.
Honestly just want to do something that no one else has on here. (also dont have the $ retro fits yet )

Back