heat gun...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
food goes in the oven, not auto parts :coffee:

ive opened so many lights with a heat gun, ive lost count. never melted anything.

i have the 2 speed milwaukee gun...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
food goes in the oven, not auto parts :coffee:

ive opened so many lights with a heat gun, ive lost count. never melted anything.

i have the 2 speed milwaukee gun...

word. i used the oven for my first time blackhousing, almost melted the one headlight that way, and it wasnt even hot.

and like ryan, i too have opened many headlights, from many different cars, and havent had one problem with melting anything.

ive got a single speed 900° heat gun you can find in walmarts paint section for $20, haha.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
:lawl:

eating and working on cars is ftl though...too much dirt and stuff makes your food gritty :lawl:

finch13

Reaction score
not a fan of the heat gun, it warped some parts of my headlight

the oven is really easier and a better method

Any heatgun will do, really. But dont use it on headlights. Oven will give much better, uniform heat.

I can show both of you a warped 5th gen headlight AND taillight lenses from using the oven instead of the heatgun. Did it the right way on the 6th gen and no warpage.

:lawl:

eating and working on cars is ftl though...too much dirt and stuff makes your food gritty :lawl:

someone say grits??!?!?! :badger:

images

juicebox00

Reaction score
If you mess up your headlights in the oven you did the same thing as messing it up with a heat gun..... you just have to find the right heat and right amount of time starting from a slightly colder than what you would think. My set up is 5min in the oven at 325 degrees

Back