Heater Fan Trouble

HeaterMist4dr

Reaction score
I've been having a problem with my car lately. My a/c blows fine, and my hot air works kinda. But when I put the car on defrost no air will come out of the vents. I can hear alot of air moving somewhere, but nothing comes out. I checked the fuse and it was good. any ideas?:eusa_wall:

99F23VTech

Reaction score
I've been having a problem with my car lately. My a/c blows fine, and my hot air works kinda. But when I put the car on defrost no air will come out of the vents. I can hear alot of air moving somewhere, but nothing comes out. I checked the fuse and it was good. any ideas?:eusa_wall:

Ummm how long has it been since you have taken out your cabin air filter and replaced it... ??????

This is the filter that is under your passenger side dash behind a metal brace and in a little compartment...

I will make a DIY for this tonight if i can't find one in the search!

Actually i found it....

http://syclone.motocrew.com/CG5/acfilter.htm

rwong410

Reaction score
Are you talking about the middle vents? Because, from my experience, no air is supposed to come out of the middle vents when it's set on defrost.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I believe defrost uses the side vents and then the vents on top of the dash at the bottom of the windshield.

HeaterMist4dr

Reaction score
I'm talking about all vents, I just have no air coming at all when on defrost. Like i said earlier though, a/c works good, and the just normal heat out of the vents works ok. I just changed the cabin filters and it didn't change anything.

I did notice the other day that when I was messing around when the fuse they did work for a little while, then quit suddenly. Almost seems like the fuse is jumping out? or possibly a short somewhere:ugh:

Last edited:

99F23VTech

Reaction score
I did notice the other day that when I was messing around when the fuse they did work for a little while, then quit suddenly. Almost seems like the fuse is jumping out? or possibly a short somewhere:ugh:

Did you try replacing the fuse??

Also turn you car to on (don't start it) and turn on the heat (not defrost) have the fan on 4 and push the defrost button and listen to see if you can hear the vents close (meaning to direct the air to defrost)....

Back