Heavy duty trunk springs for spoiler

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Here's a shot standing at the back of the car looking into the trunk, this is the driver side. See how there are two sets of slots? The end of the spring that mounts in the lid hinges doesn't move.

temporary_zpsd96db7ad.jpg

This is the slot my springs were in when I got the car, and it had an OEM wing.

Last edited:

Griffeycom

Reaction score
OK, I found them. They are WAY back there. Mine are in the same position!! Wonder what the deal is then. My 98 EXV6 had an OEM spoiler and wouldn't slam down like this one does. Also would pop open when you'd use the trunk release on either fob or from inside the car!

Last edited:

snip33r

Reaction score
i added spoiler on my 6th gen and 7th gen trunk. i purchased OEM Honda spoiler from dealer and both come with heavy duty springs. you have to install those springs after installing spoiler. on my 7th gen it took me 1 year to install the new springs as the tool is only for one time use. i had same experience, when open the trunk from key fob the trunk unlock and then close back. but after installing the heavy duty springs (that came with spoiler) the issue is resolved
for one of my 6th gen i purchased OEM style spoiler from ebay (it was my first car, didn't know a lot about parts etc) didn't came with heavy duty spring.

Back