Hello all... New member with some questions.

Garry Dean

Reaction score
Sounds like you know what you're going to do then.

I do have a solid idea... I was just looking for opinions/experiences that would set me in a different direction if I hadnt done enough homework or if someone here had more experience with this exact setup than me, lol. I have 0 experience with this car... :driving:

truWarier02

Reaction score
In my internet travels, I figured Id be in the $1300-1500 range for the wheels and tires at Tire Rack and Amazon has the Eibach Pro kit with struts for $457 shipped. So Im staying inside 2k.

With your budget, I'd look into some Varrstoen or Enkei.

And I'm sure you can get a set of Function&Form Type 1 coilovers for under $550 nowadays.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys.

So is it safe to say that Eibach Pros are the way to go for me or is there another, maybe better option with 18's and 215/40/18?

Will the Sportlines be too much? Make me rub?

Also, Should I be looking at narrower or will the 18x8's be sufficient?

One more q... Will I be able to have the car aligned properly without any additional modifications with the Eibach Pros?
215/40-18 is what you SHOULD use to maintain a correct speedometer.

As for springs...
Prokit will give you Front Lowering 1.5 in; Rear Lowering 1.5 in
Sportlines will give you Front Lowering 2.0 in; Rear Lowering 2.0 in
H&R Sport will give you Front Lowering 1.5 in; Rear Lowering 1.2 in
H&R Race will give you Front Lowering 2.2 in; Rear Lowering 1.75 in
Neuspeed sport will give you Front Lowering 1.8 in; Rear Lowering 1.7 in
Neuspeed race will give you Front Lowering 2.2 in; Rear Lowering 2.0 in

Eibach is offering 10% off for the holidays
http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/rebate_forms/holiday_rebate_2012_page

If you end up buying the springs separate from the shocks consider a +100-150$ in labor costs if taking them to a shop.

In terms of shock i'd say go with either the Tokico Illumina, Kyb Agx and if you wanna spend more the Koni Sport(Yellow)...that is if you get them separate.

FFType1 adjustable coilovers can be had for around $550 as mentioned but keep in mind that the HIGHEST FF1 will take you is a tight pinky finger gap all around.

You will be able to have the car aligned and toe set to 0(OEM SPEC). You might have a tiny but of negative camber but no need to worry about it.

Last edited:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Not to be off topic, but where in Tampa are you?

Back on topic, I have the TEIN S Tech springs on mine, said to be 2 inch drop front and 1.7 inch drop rear. It's a nice drop for daily driving without any headaches and the ride is just a tad bit stiffer than OEM. You can check out my members ride thread to see it, my car is on 18x8.75 +35 with a 225/40 tire by the way has a little poke in the front at ~0 camber. Definitely do the suspension before you get rims though.

Garry Dean

Reaction score
Not to be off topic, but where in Tampa are you?

Back on topic, I have the TEIN S Tech springs on mine, said to be 2 inch drop front and 1.7 inch drop rear. It's a nice drop for daily driving without any headaches and the ride is just a tad bit stiffer than OEM. You can check out my members ride thread to see it, my car is on 18x8.75 +35 with a 225/40 tire by the way has a little poke in the front at ~0 camber. Definitely do the suspension before you get rims though.

Thanks again for all of the info, guys.

My shop is in the Carrollwood area off of Linebaugh ave.

Google Garry Dean Tampa.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
According to the speedometer calculater, http://www.paspeedo.com/calculator.htm

When your speedometer indicates 60mph with 215/40/18 you are actual speed is 57.87mph, whereas 215/45/18 runs at 59.84.mph

If you are particular about your speedometer / ride comfort, I would choose 215/45/18.

Good luck with your decision.;)

Last edited:

LeAccord

Reaction score
I just recently installed ff type 1's and with the coils set near the highest with approximately 2cm of thread left before totally separating front had two finger gap in the front but the rear I had about three finger gap with 2cm of thread left on the coil.. Mind you this is before the springs have settled in and I believe they will drop a further 1-2cm after about two weeks of the springs settling in. It's highest setting is still very daily drivable and the comfort isn't that bad.. Depends on how old you are and how tolerant you are :lawl: I have since gone a bit lower to zero finger gap.

Good luck with whatever choice you go with though :)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Garry, nice to see you on the forum. I am also on a couple of your forums. Autogeek, detailingbliss, autopia.

gold4door02

Reaction score
If you take a look at my members ride thread i hsd 18" wheels sith the eibach springs and here in upstate Ny i did have rubbing issues. It was only wen hitting bumps/potholes when going at a decent speed but the rear pretty much everytime I was in the car would rub. I had little chunks on the outside edge of my tire from the fender slicing into it. I also just remembered thst because of the adapters i had with those rims mine actually stuck out past the fender. . . So im thinking without the use of adapters i probably would have been fine. So you should be good! Lol. Sorry if i had u concerned for a minute there. I had forgotten about the adapters as i have since went back to the stock rims.:beer2:

Garry Dean

Reaction score
[QUOTE

When your speedometer indicates 60mph with 215/40/18 you are actual speed is 57.87mph, whereas 215/45/18 runs at 59.84.mph

If you are particular about your speedometer / ride comfort, I would choose 215/45/18.

Good luck with your decision.;)[/QUOTE]

Will there be a better chance for rubbing with the taller tires? I assume so... I do like the idea of keeping the speedo in check.

Back