Hello Everyone! Need A little Help

Timiscool90

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
Needed some help on my turbo kit. I finished dropping in the turbo kit in my car. However, i am experiencing trouble with the process after that. Right now i am running a FMU and a missing link to have the car driveable. I have a P28 an need to get it tuned. I brought it there the first time and it was not successful. The Idle Air Control Valve is a 3 wire on the Accords, and the P28 was out of a 95 DX Civic which is a 2 wire. What can I do about this? My idle was choppy and bouncing up and down. I would appreciate the help. Thanks Guys !

onthe3rdday

Reaction score
ok that was mad vague. Swapping the entire upper plenum w/ a 94-97 accord unit. Then you get the iacv that you want. Entire plenum= plenum iacv, tb, etc

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Why did you get a P28 from a DX? Doesn't that mean you heave no vtec??

Where did you get the ECU? If it wasn't from phearable or xenocron, you may run into problems along the way..

I have the idle issue as well, but it hasn't been acting up lately. Search on how to wire it up and get the IACV on there. You can swap manifolds too. Research.

- Nikita

finch13

Reaction score
Assuming he's getting the P28 tuned, it's gonna be chipped and he can just use a P28-format map with the VTEC tables.

Didn't someone post something up on using the 2-wire IACV on the 3-wire manifold?

onthe3rdday

Reaction score
If he has a p28-- sounds like he made an attempt to OBD1 it. If he has a p28-he's headed in the right direction because it can be reprogrammed to do anything AND the car is already wired for vtec. You should call or email Xenocron

bjorkmae

Reaction score
iacv 2 wire is compatible with 3 wire harness. One of the wires just doesn't get used, I think its a ground. The wire colors should actually be the same for two of them and the third just don't use. Which engine are you using, the stock f23? If so then don't worry about the IACV since you won't need to touch it anyway. My car idle hunts with the OBD1 ECU too once you hit the throttle and if you restart it idle fine until you hit the throttle again and the the cycle repeats.

Fuzz

Reaction score
FMUs are a Nightmare just FYI. Since it adjusts the fuel pressure depending on certain conditions it makes it an absolute nightmare to tune. It's hard to tune the AFR when the fuel keeps adjusting itself!

Back