Hello / Headlight Restoration/Retrofit (Update 9-19 pictures added)

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
I just joined but I've been lurking this thread for a month now. So I have this exact kit and shrouds, several things and I'm wondering how the OP was able to overcome them.

First the thread on the back of the projector doesn't protrude far enough to get the nut all the way down. The nut catches for about the first turn and a half before it touches the backing of the headlamp.

Second, on the front of the projector (the clear glass part) its coming in contact with the headlamp glass.

Any insight or help on this is aprreciated.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I ground away all the gray on the back with a dremel so that I could get the nut all the way down. And used the smaller gasket of course. My projector lens is almost touching the headlight lens.

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
I ground away all the gray on the back with a dremel so that I could get the nut all the way down. And used the smaller gasket of course. My projector lens is almost touching the headlight lens.

How far do u ground out. And which gasket r u referring to. The projector glass on line is in full contact so I'm not sure if I need further cutting of the shroud or some other adjustment at the backing of the projector.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Like... It's hard to explain. The entire gray part that has the 3 screws for tightening the OE bulb down, I grounded down to virtually nothing. That way I could easily get pliers in there to spin and tighten the nut. Be sure to turn it to the left and allow the nut to catch the threads before tightening to avoid cross threading.

The kit should have come with two silicone gaskets for each projector. One is thick and one is thin and it goes between the back of the projector and the headlight bucket. Hard to explain but should be common sense.

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
Like... It's hard to explain. The entire gray part that has the 3 screws for tightening the OE bulb down, I grounded down to virtually nothing. That way I could easily get pliers in there to spin and tighten the nut. Be sure to turn it to the left and allow the nut to catch the threads before tightening to avoid cross threading.

The kit should have come with two silicone gaskets for each projector. One is thick and one is thin and it goes between the back of the projector and the headlight bucket. Hard to explain but should be common sense.

Ok cool. I havent gotten that far yet, but my test fitting the projector glass comes in contact preventing the glass to be seated properly in order to close the assembly. Not sure if further triming of the shroud on the face side (top and bottom) needs to be trimmed off or if the projector needs to be tightened down in order for it to be pulled away from the glass or lens cover.

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
I'm afraid if I trim the top and bottom I would he leaving some unsightly marks on the shrouds

LegendaryT2

Reaction score
Actually my mistake, it's the top front part of the shroud that comes in contact with the lens. Also I believe the shroud is preventing the lens from seating properly. It wouldn't reach to be able to seal.

Back