Hello, new possible owner.

K2114

Reaction score
Welcome. But why no lip?

The girl would probably have it ripped off/cracked or broken in a matter of days lol. I wouldn't mind a coupe bumper but who knows. That stuff would be bottom of the list for me.

I'd rather get it a little lower, get the 5 lug done. It could use some tint..we will see. I'd deffinetly do projectors before a lip or bumper by far though. I think I've got 2000 worth of parts ready to be ordered already lol.
The 5lug & wheels are gonna probably run 1200 if not a little more.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Everything sounds good and it sounds like you have big plans for the teg, The Polyurethane lips can take quite a beating, some members have had a head on collision and the lip was still intact. I still remmeber when I hit a parking block and I had my lip tucked under my bumper without me knowing and drove home 20mi and it was fine haha.
On to the black 8th gen wheels, imo any black wheels on a car looks out of place since they look like steelies while rolling, and also take away from the actual design of wheel especially black painted stock rims that have many grooves and shapes. The 8th gen wheel are nice just stock, but its your car though do what you want.

Last edited:

K2114

Reaction score
Everything sounds good and it sounds like you have big plans for the teg, The Polyurethane lips can take quite a beating, some members have had a head on collision and the lip was still intact. I still remmeber when I hit a parking block and I had my lip tucked under my bumper without me knowing and drove home 20mi and it was fine haha.
On to the black 8th gen wheels, imo any black wheels on a car looks out of place since they look like steelies while rolling, and also take away from the actual design of wheel especially black painted stock rims that have many grooves and shapes. The 8th gen wheel are nice just stock, but its your car though do what you want.

Ya I've been playing around on photoshop for a while..shopping headlights, tails ect ect. The 8th gen wheels in black just don't fit, however in a slight smokey color..gunmetal-ish they look pretty good! I also like the 3.5 gen TL wheels and those looked alright in black. I prefer the accords though.
Heres her current state. I've got a few "autozone add ons" to remove..I've got a type r though. Cool lol!:hihi:
newaccordmaybe.jpg

Rear bumper damage
newaccordmaybe2.jpg

Interior
newaccord4.jpg

newaccord3.jpg

newaccord.jpg

Doesn't appear to have been bottomed out of anything which is nice to know lol.
newaccord2.jpg

Anyway. I'm going to plastic dip the chrome around the windows to a semi-gloss black this weekend. Plasti-dip will peel right off like latex when I don't want it there anymore..so a simple effective solution that won't cost much or ruin anything! After some research I found the Morimotor projector retrofit. It seems like a plan! I pm'd a few memebers on different sights asking more specific questions..mainly regarding the stock hi beams & the bi-xenon setup..if you can wire both to come to come on when you click the hi's or if thats a big no no? Basically have a yellow bulb in stock hi beam & have it & the projector light up for hi's.
Black out headlight housings, white Led ribbon mod for the DRL's. Amber LED ribbon for the turn signal. Yellow bulbs in the hi's. And if I get the info I saw 1 member who used 95-98 maxima side markers retrofitted into our headlight housings..looked great! Looking into that more.

Black out the trim, de-chrome basically. Black headlight housings. And I'm gonna see about a gunmetal shade in plasti-dip..that way I can paint the wheels & if I don't like it it'll all peel right off. I don't want to copy aznboi's car soo much that they are identical..but he's got the same setup I'm after..except black headlights for me & I want to red out my tail lights like sketch05 did to his! 35% tint on the doors & rear, 50% on windshield will come soon enough as well!
Any other suggestions for the car? What do you guys think will look good? I'm a keep it OEM looking type of guy..simple & clean. So any stock wheels I'm open to..besides the Base 5 spoke TL or rsx type s wheels lol.
Maybe toss out ideas for lips..honestly some of the ones I'm seeing look ok..others just don't look as good ect ect.

Edit: 1 thing that surprised me about this car. Its quite peppy. I used to have a 03 accord sedan. They have the k24 ULEV motor..intake vtec only ect ect like this car, also an automatic. It just felt alot slower! This 6th gen feels faster..although I'm not trying to race it lol..it was just a surprise!

Last edited:
Back