Hello People's DEP '98 Accord LX Sedan [56k]

Hello People

Reaction score
Exterior
-pretty much stock.
- I added a sticker to my trunk and repainted my wheel covers.
-Aftermarket red/clear taillights
-OEM style rear wing
-Blackhoused headlights, amber strip delete, and LED DRL retrofit.
Performance
-Stock. I did regular maintenance but nothing exceptional to mention.
Interior
-Stock seats
-stock instruments/gauges/buttons/shifter/etc.
-Sony DSX-S100 Single-DIN headunit
-Alpine 6x9 SPS-619 Coaxial 3-way speakers in the rear deck
-Alpine 6.5 SPS-610C component speakers. (woofer in the door, tweeters in the factory dash location)
-Alpine MRV-F300 4/3/2 channel amp.
-insulated rear deck, killed rattles and buzzes.
Future Plans (ranked from most to least likely)
-Subwoofer(s?)
-Front lip, side skirts, rear lip
-New wheels
-Tint
-Coilovers
-?????

Basically I just wanna make it look clean and mean.

So that's that, here's my car so far!

7aTNc.jpg

TjdBD.jpg

HY0kj.jpg

mjNxg.jpg

hyUUu.jpg

I know you guys are jealous right now.

FjAFO.jpg

My car looks pretty much stock, so I pride myself on my clean interior.

pPIn6.jpg

When the stereo drops....

Qsl4I.jpg

The panties follow. :afro:

19msL.jpg

A tray swings out and you can connect an ipod. It's probably the coolest part of my car, and it's what I use (besides how clean it is) to impress people and set my car apart from the other stock accords driven by grannies.

znkxs.jpg

What the stereo looks like when it's on. The accent ring lights around the volume button used to be a super bright (and super distracting) blue, I opened up the faceplate and covered the LEDs on the circuit board with clear tape and sharpied over it. I used yellow sharpie to get a greenish tint to match the greenish tint on my gauges/buttons.

UPDATE 8/16/13: I've been off the site for a while, but in the meantime here's what I got done. I finally got aftermarket door speakers and tweeters, I replaced my taillights, and detailed the outside and inside. Used Opti-Seal paint sealant and this baby shines and repels water like none other. Seriously seems like it's shinier than a lot of new cars I see. Also installed some LED strips in my side mirrors hooked up to my turn signals. I need to connect my passenger side again (some gorilla slammed my door shut and the wires came loose) and I'll get a quick video of it up.

YOzbDHl.png

GTfBTRf.jpg

(Left side is the new lights, right is the old)

deqyre6e.jpg

se3y6y7y.jpg

(+100 horsepower)

Update 9/2/14:

Added some stuff.
26299ed92cf8cbc1b88d62008d8d471a.jpg

e70ff2950338c69a2f67014e72eae8a5.jpg

(I was really bored...)

328599c38e6faa726051a70021e32f1a.jpg

Plastidip on the cowl, paint on the wiper arms.

410a4761d5bc51205d19858f2ca8c697.jpg

a8c3b2280a15b3998c9b8b4a71d0c70a.jpg

Last edited:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Clean car man. Interesting forum name..

You should put "Possible suspension stuff to lower the car" to the top of your list.. It'll help to further "set you apart from the other stock accords driven by grannies".
Your head unit feature is pretty cool, so your iPod sits in the tray too? If so .. It's not very convenient if you had an iPhone .. Although you shouldn't be using your phone while driving anyway ..... :hide:

Hello People

Reaction score
Yep I have an iPhone and an "old" (5th gen) nano that I found. It was in the parking lot of a target last winter, it had been run over, sat in a giant snow pile,etc. The screen had turned into dust, but I collect random junk so I pocketed it. Took all the glass out, charged it, and it worked! Free 16gb ipod, so I just load it up with music and leave it in the car. I put my phone in the little slot in the door (by the window switch) or in the shelf under my stereo.

I'll consider bumping suspension up a few notches in priority, but if I don't replace my tires, I fear there won't be a stock accord to lower. :skurred:

Besides, I'm a college student so I'm not exactly rolling in the Benjamins.:mad:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Nice find! I would've done the same . iPhone 5 doesn't fit well in the door handle (it moves about) so I have an air vent mount that I put it on.

Don't worry, work out your priorities first. You're just in the same situation that I was about 9 months ago. You'll get through your future plans list soon enough and you will start enjoying it even more :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There are some great DEP sedans on here for inspiration, so it shouldn't be hard to get an idea as to the potential of the car.

Back