Help!!!!! 6 3/4 speakers into doors!!!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you dremeled what...the metal of the door? do your windows go down all the way?

jaz

Reaction score
yes the metal of the door lol.. the windows DO go down all the way... the only thing is when it dose go all the way down it makes a little pop sound lol but thats only cause i only have one one screw holding it on

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
image.php

well i guess that answered my next question...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my next question would have been something like:

"if you had to dremel the doors, that means there's no spacers between the speakers and the door. and if the speakers were that wide they must also have a large magnet. how/why do you deal with your windows only going halfway down"?

leviathann

Reaction score
Well.....IT is done. I got a set of 6.5 spacers. I have to say I am in love................These focal components sound incredible. U guys should definatelly think about getting some if you decide to upgrade. The clarity is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_drool:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Well.....IT is done. I got a set of 6.5 spacers. I have to say I am in love................These focal components sound incredible. U guys should definatelly think about getting some if you decide to upgrade. The clarity is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_drool:
ive heard the "165s" model or something like that (2004-ish model) and they sounded really nice. under $300 for the set as well. where'd you put the tweeters?

eh in the end...my mb quarts were under $200 and ive had em sitting since late 05. they'd better sound good :squintrun:
Sure!!! I just checked this, do you still need them? I just finished Ryan's today, so it would be saturday before I can get them in the mail.
:rock:

ugh...now i have to decide if i want to find a pair of sail panels to cut into for the tweeters or mount them coaxially with the mid. i have a feeling the latter would be better since theyre titanium dome...plus less work...

leviathann

Reaction score
I summed up the courage......I thought about it and just went ahead and made holes in the actual door panels. Looks pretty good IMO.....These focals are $499 at cruthfield. I was a little afraid to got the ebay way because I have a friend that got some JL components AND THEY WERE FAKE ONES!!!!!

I put some dynamat on the doors and the actual pannels, but as I go along I'm planning to do the entire car including the floor. (This time I'm staying away from the roof)

Mb quarts and Jl were my next choice. But the determining factor was the diff in the clarity of the music. It is like I could hear the different instruments play from diff sides of the speakers and the overall perfomance is what I was praying for.

Back