Help, already been through most symptoms!

freelucien

Reaction score
I need somebodies insight. I fixed my over heating issue which was (new therm + new rad cap). Took it out for a spin and it was cool, when i got back home and was about to go out later that night the car wont even start...

The car itself turns into the ON position, everything works, electronics etc. Its like when i get ready to actually start up the car it putters like it doesn't wanna turn over (engine comes on). Called AAA came out and said it was my bat, **** died quick, got it in Jul. Changed bat still does the same thing on start up. Said it my be wiring, changed wiring all new OEM battery cables, still wont turn over, said it was the alternator, got it checked @ Autozone all green passed everything. What could it be that my car doesn't wanna turn!

Symptoms:
Alternator = passed
Battery = new battery
Terminals = bought new ones
Fuel Pump = ???
Starter = ???

working on my car all day im still confused... :explode::explode:

finch13

Reaction score
Use a rag and crack the banjo bolt on the fuel rail after turning the key to on without starting the engine. That will help rule out a fuel issue.

Take the sparks plugs out one by one and golf the tip about a quarter inch away from the engine block. Hold it by the boot so you don't get shocked and check for the spark to jump the gap.

When was the last time the distributor rotor and cap were replaced? My bets are on that

freelucien

Reaction score
AAA ruled out the distributor right when i tried to turn on the car, they went straight for the Alternator. Their is no clicking noises whatsoever, its like the car wants to start, it gets to that point but then just fails.

freelucien

Reaction score
Use a rag and crack the banjo bolt on the fuel rail after turning the key to on without starting the engine.

also, when i turn the key to the ON postition, you can hear the fuel injector sending the fuel where it is suppose to be, its rly loud with the hood open.

finch13

Reaction score
Its ****ing AAA... If they knew how to fix cars they would be doing that instead of driving tow trucks.

Get some real advice from a certified mechanic or someone that knows there ****, not AAA

freelucien

Reaction score
Its ****ing AAA... If they knew how to fix cars they would be doing that instead of driving tow trucks.

Get some real advice from a certified mechanic or someone that knows there ****, not AAA

yea, its Labor Day weekend, so im pretty much screwed, stuck @ home can't work or anything. I'll try my mechanic on Tuesday, its just frustrating not knowing wtf it is, but something so simple after ruling out so many symptoms. :furious:

jwong512

Reaction score
When was the last time that you had your spark plugs replaced? Maybe it's the spark plug wires? It MIGHT be the ignition. Hmm, but man it sucks that your car just keeps having problems :(. Hope it gets fixed soon!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
How many times have you tried to start your car? everytime you turn your key on, your priming the engine with fuel. I bet your flooded now, check your spark plugs if they are wet....

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When he turns it to ON but doesn't crank it, the fuel pump is sending fuel to the rail, but it's not actually being injected until he tries to start it.

Back