help asap. running out of daylight

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
im not sure how those rca adapter things work cuz i have never used them.....but here is just a thought.........would turning up the bass and treble levels on the headunit make it louder?........if it does then all you have to do is basically play around with all the different level settings that you have

1) HU
2) RCA adapter level thingy
3) Amp gain

Like i said i never used those RCA adapter things sooooo im not sure it this will help or not. But just an idea that you can try so that you dont have to pay the $60/hr

angelusnhc

Reaction score
im not sure how those rca adapter things work cuz i have never used them.....but here is just a thought.........would turning up the bass and treble levels on the headunit make it louder?........if it does then all you have to do is basically play around with all the different level settings that you have

1) HU
2) RCA adapter level thingy
3) Amp gain

Like i said i never used those RCA adapter things sooooo im not sure it this will help or not. But just an idea that you can try so that you dont have to pay the $60/hr

i tried. didnt work. but since i work for the college im getting the car audio teacher to hook it up for me. it will be part of his class teaching. hehehe.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
it will never sound loud unless you have a powerfull amp. my first setup was with the stock hu and it didn't sound like nothing. i swapped in my old kenwood from my other car, and damn, it was night and day.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
it will never sound loud unless you have a powerfull amp. my first setup was with the stock hu and it didn't sound like nothing. i swapped in my old kenwood from my other car, and damn, it was night and day.

i got a db 1200.1 amp running it. so i got a powerfull amp.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
basically, your amp is not going to be loud, since the sound is comming from the stock head unit. the amp has to amplify the sound. since the hu is not amped, then your output is going to be low. if you want to stay stock, then amp your highs and that should do the trick.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
basically, your amp is not going to be loud, since the sound is comming from the stock head unit. the amp has to amplify the sound. since the hu is not amped, then your output is going to be low. if you want to stay stock, then amp your highs and that should do the trick.

so your saying i should tap into the front speakers for the highs and my amp will be louder?

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
no, because the power output of the deck is still going to be low. you have to get a seperate amp to power just your highs, then you will get what you are looking for. basically, you are using another amp to boost your sub amp. most cars nowadays have a factory amp. our accords don't have one, so our stock sound is real weak. changing the stock head unit would be a better option then going with another amp.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
well i had the teachers look at it for me. the wiring was perfectly fine. the problem was the box was getting blown apart from the sub. they they went and resealled my box and put some screws in it to hold it together. and now it thumps hard as crap. they did tell me it would be best to get a new headunit so that the sound will be more clear and crisp.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
i didn't even think about the box comming apart. mine did that too, and i also put screws all around to help seal the box.

Back