HELP Coupe bumper?

blkdout6

Reaction score
Sorry i know i have tried to search but cannot find all of the answers so please help me. Just this last Thursday up here in Colorado it snowed a lot. I was on a delivery and i was pulling into this guys driveways and did not realize how steep the street and his drive was cause of the snow. So guess it, i sent my bumper into the snow pack and it cracked the left of the bumper in 2 different places. I have been looking at doing a coupe bumper and had a few questions. Will the 2001- 2002 coupe bumper fit with no mods and if any what kinds, also does the 01 02 bumper have a removable grill cause just looking at new bumpers it has one, just wondering? I have a 2002 v-6 sedan.
Thanks a ton Brandon

Last edited:

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Yeah it will fit but you'll see a noticeable gap around the grille area because you don't have the 01-02 coupe hood... And the 01-02 coupe bumpers do not have a removable grille.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Also, next time you see a coupe, look closely at the left and right sides where the bumper follows around the headlights. What most of us forget to look at is the fact that the coupe fenders and bumpers have different lines. I'll go take a pic to show you what I mean since I've done the conversion on mine.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Here's where the problem with the sedan-coupe bumper conversion is evident
DSC_2191.jpg

Accord281

Reaction score
It is there but hard to see. To be honest, the only way to remedy it is to get coupe fenders. IMO, I would only do it if I could find one in the junkyard with a good front clip so you could get the fenders and hood as well (near impossible, I know). But it will still look alright without them.

Edit: not sure about fender alignment to doors, but I know some people have done it.

Last edited:

blkdout6

Reaction score
ok guys thank you so much. Another question is if the grill is not removable how to other people get the typr r grills in cause that is what i want to get

Cpyro

Reaction score
98-00 have removeable grill, right?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Here's where the problem with the sedan-coupe bumper conversion is evident
DSC_2191.jpg

You shouldn't be having that problem. Is that bumper OEM or an aftermarket equivalent?

I've seen plenty of people do this conversion, and this is the first time I've seen this.

98-00 have removeable grill, right?

Yes.

The 01-02 coupe bumper has a fixed grill.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
It's aftermarket, and like i said, look at the sides of the 01-02 coupes and you'll see how their lines flow differently

Last edited:
Back