help doing retrofit

Jxi8s2k

Reaction score
i just did my first retro fit on my 02 accord...luckily i bought a spare housing incase i mess up my stock one. well after i retrofitted it, the headlights aim too high. even if i lower them to the lowest point, they still aim up rather than parallel to the ground. so when i did my retro fit, i placed the projectors on the inside of the reflector rather than from behind so i would get clearance in the back. i also did not screw them in...i jb welded them in. when you guys retro fitted the 6th gen accord, did you mount the projectors from the back or from the front? also how did you guys mount them? i don't have any pictures cause i already did them and i was hoping you guys knew what i was talking about.

this is a general question that i also have...for those of you who have a slanted driveway, i see most of you went to a parking lot that was level and had a straight wall to aim your headlights on so you could aim them. did you guys just drive around with no lense cover? before, my rotational alignment was horrible...

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
I mounted my FX projectors from the back and still had clearance enough not to have to cut the neck of the washer reservoir. I cut the reflector enough to clear the projector housing and used I think 3inch bolts from Home Depot along with springs and wing nuts for adjustment. Turned out pretty good. Make sure the cutoff line is straight before mounting them. I tested mine inside housing, marked where to drill holes, and used the bolts through the projectors tomake sure everything was good before going any further. It takes time, patience, and trimming, and more patience. I put about 30-35 hours into mine. Good luck!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
-from the front to the reflector
-with long bolts
-jb weld wont hold by itself

you should have made sure they were straight while you were doing them. i put them on the car during aiming/rotation to make sure theyre ok. the stock adjusters can only do so much, and even then your high beams will be way off.

98akkordLX

Reaction score
Can someone do a write up on this with pics? i really didnt find any other threads on this and so far, therez not enuf help in these replies plz plz plz!!!!!!

nexTOme

Reaction score
i just opened set of headlight 2 nights ago....

all i have left is to mount them, aim, reseal.......i dont know how long it will tak me to finish :D

but im def. going to write a DIY for it :lolrun:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i wish i had the balls to do this, haha. its like the only thing i dont wanna do cuz i feel like ill **** it up, haha.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
i wish i had the balls to do this, haha. its like the only thing i dont wanna do cuz i feel like ill **** it up, haha.
Retrofits aren't as hard as you may think Andy, take your time and use common sense it'll come out fine.

simplesedan99

Reaction score
i used to have my old headlights....but da fasha threw dem out....i was gona do it.....i still have the stuff...just no more lights

AFAccord

Reaction score
IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Just cut out the rear of the reflector, and the projector fits through that. The shroud conceals the gap around the projector.

Didn't have to test, aim, or any of that crap. They were adjustable and ready to aim as soon as I bolted them onto the car.

Last edited:
Back