help emergency break light

HillACCORD

Reaction score
when i am driving my emergency break light in the dash will come on and off spontaniously...just wondering if anyone has had this problem and how i can fix it

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Have you checked your brake fluid level recently??
Maybe even the brake pads??
This is of course if the loose wire idea isnt the problem.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, it could be your brakes, cuz when you pads get low, the fluid level gets low too, and if the fluid level gets too low, the BRAKE light, which is also the ebrake light, will come on, or flash to indicate that the fluid is low.

Drift

Reaction score
If your pads are fine, then it is most definitely the cap. It happens all the time. The float in the cap gets saturated with fluid and sinks causing the circuit to close.

You need a new cap.

poff1986

Reaction score
You dont have to replace the brake fluid cap, I will say that 99.9% of the time the cap is at fault, theres a little white float on the cap that gets sticky and will settle at the bottom, thus the brake indicator light comes on. In order to fix it you can buy a new cap, about $45 bucks at your local honda dealer, or you can disconnect 1 wire, ( i belive it is the black/green wire, this will disconnect the brake cap circuit therefore you have no light on and still a cap on it. Although you are disconnecting the cap, you will not know if your fluid is low, but if you are regularly working on your car or ever pop your hood, it doesnt matter because your probally checking your fluids anyways. (it may not be that wire i dont know off hand, a little trial and error will remove the light by disconnecting one of the two connectors.) Good luck!:andy:

Back