help! headlight reseal question

J30MAN

Reaction score
i did the lengthy yet not to hard DIY headlight reseal. put them back on and they looked great for a couple days. then one night around sunset i noticed in the top corner of my passenger headlight it was just starting to fog up a small bit, so took it off and ran inside to throw on more sealant. let it cure and reinstalled the headlight. then just yesterday (about a week after re-resealing) both headlights were fogged up about 50% on both. so i took them off just now and they are currently airing out to dry on my kitchen table. once they are dry i am going to go over the trouble spots that i marked off when they were foggy and see is this is the final time i take off the headlights. my question is if this does not work and i have to take the headlights off again what should i do? this is getting quite annoying and really am getting sick of this.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
You could try some of those silica packs that come in shoes and stuff to keep moisture out. Just dab a little hot glue on the back and stick them below the reflector buckets out of view.

J30MAN

Reaction score
well im going to try this one last time then if it doesn't work then i will be on the market for so spray on or precut tint for my oem's laying around. vie seen a lot of tint cut outs for our headlights all over the place. do you know of any spray on tints other then nightshades??

sodaks2k

Reaction score
You may need a new "filter/valve." (pics borrowed from cdsdontburn)

53592128.jpg

You can see them on the back of the assembly

45168936.jpg

Last edited:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
3M_WindowWeld.JPG

They sell this stuff at most auto parts stores. Remove the oem stuff and use this instead.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
What kind of sealant are you using? In the past the clear silicone you pick up the hardware store has never worked good for me. I would recommend going to you auto store and pick up a black gasket sealant. I find that kind to work the best. Just run it around your headlight and use a finger to rub the sealant so it's tightly applied to the housing and lens.

J30MAN

Reaction score
sodaks2k and jephu i will check out both of those thank you very much. and TUBHMOOBVAJ i did reseal with the clear silicone :eusa_wall:. but i will look at all three things that you guys have posted. thanks all you guys.

J30MAN

Reaction score
You may need a new "filter/valve." (pics borrowed from cdsdontburn)

53592128.jpg

You can see them on the back of the assembly

45168936.jpg

i just looked at my OEM's and Egay's and both have factory caps on all three holes...what should i do???

Back