Help installing bazooka tube

shavedaccord

Reaction score
a 10" sub, not even in a box, just laying on your carpet in the back would sound better lol. BTW don't get a sealed enclosure, ported or go home.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
a 10" sub, not even in a box, just laying on your carpet in the back would sound better lol. BTW don't get a sealed enclosure, ported or go home.

Ported has it's benefits, as does sealed(as you will discover :squintwave:). I figure since he is considering a tube, a sealed box may be closer to the type of sound/space saving set up he's looking for, even if it is only mere inches.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I have found very few subs that sound good in sealed enclosures but that all depends on what type of bass you are looking for. If you want heart stopping bass, then ported IMO is the way to go. Not to mention Sealed enclosures typically take twice the power a ported would.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^^^^Agreed, me personally, I don't have the space to have a ported set up, for my plans, so sealed it is.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Get a JL 10W7 :p

big10w7.jpg

I have a sealed enclosure for my 13w7..it sounds amazing but i really want a ported box. I wanna do some damage.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I love my bazooka tube. I have an older 8" 50w model. Surprises a lot of people when they see that that is all I have in the trunk. Plus I bungee corded it to my strut bar against the back seat, so when I hit the track it is out in less than a minute (mine has the power wires hooked through the harness plug).

I would prefer a sealed box sound, but I wouldn't get the efficiency that the ported enclosure has. I am going to try some acoustic filling to see if I can smooth out the response curve if I get bored, but I really do love the way it works now anyway.

Back