Help!! No Dash Lights!!

antcliff

Reaction score
Please help!
I have a 2002 honda accord se.

I added some cheap fog lights to it and got the power from the Cigarette lighter power cords. At the same time i also swapped out my factory radio for an aftermarket radio.
The fog lights work fine. The radio works fine.
For some reason though my dashboard lights dont work (night driving) the odometer and tach work its the actual lights that dont come on. i checked the bulbs and they are good. i checked the fuses which are also fine. As well as the dash lights the shift position lights dont come on either or my license plate light.

What did i do and how do i fix it?

My SRS light is also on now too??

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you ever make 4 threads about the same thing again, all over the board, I'm permanantly banning you.

nexTOme

Reaction score
maybe he was THAT desperate....:coffee:

just dont do it again.....:D

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
It's probably not a fuse. Your radio install was more than likely the problem. When you installed the radio, you probably didn't tape up the unused wires. if that is the case, then you blew out your multiplex unit. it is the blue box next to the drivers side fuse box. check all your fuses first though, but i am 98% positive that it is the multiplex.

the majority of the people with this problem were installing a radio. it happened to me for the exact same problem. go back and retape the unused wires and get yourself a new multiplex after everything else has been checked first.

just a little info, the multiplex should be the same for all years. the part numbers are different from year to year, but they are the same for 4cyl and v6 of the same year.

antcliff

Reaction score
Sorry I upset you guys. I am actually desperate, and not knowing much about cars i didnt know where to post my question so i figured posting in a few areas would benefit me. but i found out obviously i was in the wrong sorry.

OK so down to business.....

I checked out the fuses. The passenger fuse (small fuse) 10, blows how can i find out what is causing it to blow?

as far as the Multiplex does anyone know approx how much that would cost? and if that is something easy to swap out?

Thanks much!

lashlee

Reaction score
If the fuse blows, then there is a short in the circuit. Basically some wire that has power is bare and is grounding on metal. Take apart whatever you did to begin with and see if the problem still exists. It may take some time, since the short may be behind the dash, but start where you know.

Back