help removing the iac

mraw112

Reaction score
Last week I removed the turbo from my car and went back to stock. after I removed every thing the car would idle at 1k and slowly go up to 2k and and then come back down and repeat. I cleaned my egr and the problem continued. I unplugged the iac valve so its a little more drivable and just plays hot potato at 1.1k and 1.2k rpms. I tried to remove the iac to see if its dirty, but it is held on by two screws that look like they have shaped pentagonal drives. I have tried every hex I have and none of them fit. does anyone know how to remove it?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea...10mm socket. Then let the air bleed out of your coolant system by leaving the radiator cap off till you see bubbles pop out.

mraw112

Reaction score
already bleed the coolant and its still doing it. and its not a bolt head its a type of screw. Ill try to get some pictures of it.

mraw112

Reaction score
i got a haynes. it just says remove mounting screws. I called honda and they said it was supposed to be a i think a 10mm bolt.

mraw112

Reaction score
ok so heres the best picture of it i could get. Its kinda of a hard place to take a picture.

CIMG1688.jpg

AFAccord

Reaction score
That's either a stripped phillips head, or a star bit head. Either way, I don't think that's an IACV. lol All the IACV's I've seen use 10mm bolts like everyone is saying.

Back