*HELP*Tail light tint

zellis

Reaction score
i have been wanting to tint the tail lights on my 99 sedan and have been givin ideas one of my friends said that they make black spray tint which i found online but my other friend said it didnt last long(little less than a year) i wouldnt think for 24 dollars a can it would last long...so please let me know. and saying you will get cited for it i really dont care because tinted tail lights are bad ***! :afro:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
vht niteshades is less than $10 a can.

mine have held up fine for almost exactly 2 years now...they arent "glossy" since i didnt clear coat em. i had enough left over to deeply tint one set of amber strips and smoke another...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i used niteshades on my old accord, and it looked like the day after i did it, a year after i put it on, haha. its good ****. just to light layers and itll come out decently glossy....nothing great but something that looks ok.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
hm.. i would say the film ones are better unless ur good with spray cans and u know wut ur doing. as for the darkness of it, i think it depends on if the cops give a sh-t or not.

zellis

Reaction score
hm.. i would say the film ones are better unless ur good with spray cans and u know wut ur doing. as for the darkness of it, i think it depends on if the cops give a sh-t or not.
well id take of my tail lights to spray them and id go as dark as it will go so basically pitch black, but my dad told me if i got rear ended with a good lawyer the accident could end up being my fault so i might get the red clear tail lights, havent decided yet

zellis

Reaction score
yea, i used niteshades on my old accord, and it looked like the day after i did it, a year after i put it on, haha. its good ****. just to light layers and itll come out decently glossy....nothing great but something that looks ok.

can i buy nightshades anywhere else than online?autozone?my local import shop cuz i want to do this now, (im impatient :crazyrun:)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol yep that might say they couldnt c u brake haha. red looks really good. i like it better than smoked.

zellis

Reaction score
lol yep that might say they couldnt c u brake haha. red looks really good. i like it better than smoked.

yeah, i just dont want my car to look like a ricer i hate that stupid look with your car sounds like a lawn mower but ill probably end up smoking them

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well id take of my tail lights to spray them and id go as dark as it will go so basically pitch black, but my dad told me if i got rear ended with a good lawyer the accident could end up being my fault so i might get the red clear tail lights, havent decided yet
why would you do that? mine have like 4 coats to get rid of the purple tinge (make sure you do light coats to prevent runs) and theyre dark as ****. i even signal early or rest my foot on the brake just to turn the lights on when its bright out, like a second before i use the brakes for real.
can i buy nightshades anywhere else than online?autozone?my local import shop cuz i want to do this now, (im impatient :crazyrun:)
any place that stocks vht products may or may not have it. bumper to bumper is the only place around here that stocked it back in the day, and even so, i had to order my can through a broski who worked there.

also...nightshades is illegal in some states...

Back