Help: Understanding LED & Resistors....

jvirusvirus

Reaction score
^ +1 Best site I have found so far:action-smiley-042:

Now i'll get into it later on of how the 555chip thing works and if I would need it and the regulators, and other things that I will learn on the way lol:hide:

jvirusvirus

Reaction score
:postwhore:

Question to who ever has made Tail lights or anyone with good understanding of LEDs for Tails...

Which would be the Normal LEDs that cars have?.... 5mm or the 10mm?been looking around I think they are 5mm but would like to know if thats right

Want the brake light to show strong even with a tint film or a spray over them:boohoo:

Which would you recommend

Last edited:

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
:postwhore:

Question to who ever has made Tail lights or anyone with good understanding of LEDs for Tails...

Which would be the Normal LEDs that cars have?.... 5mm or the 10mm?been looking around I think they are 5mm but would like to know if thats right

Want the brake light to show strong even with a tint film or a spray over them:boohoo:

Which would you recommend

look into Philips superflux led if your really going to do the conversion.

finch13

Reaction score
If you use enough LEDs, they'll be bright enough. Those superflux aren't cheap... even using regular 632nm 5mm LEDs for a full DIY LED tail light conversion was going to cost me $150 for everything (excluding a second set of lights)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
OP if you haven't read KnightRyder's threads on LED lighting, I highly suggest you do so. It would help to supplement your online research I think.

Back