HELP!!!! Urgent...can't close hood

lektrix

Reaction score
I'm an idiot, I did it once 9 months ago by fluke but forgot how to and now it doesn't work no more. I don't want snow/rain getting under my hood so I need help ASAP. Does anyone know how to get those metal part down so my hood can close properly?? I remember having to use a long screwdriver to push something to manually release something but I can't even see where it is anymore....

lektrix

Reaction score
If its anything like my hood check the latch up front...on the passenger side of the latch the cable from the hood latch comes into it, mine is broken its like a little 1/2 x 1/2 tab that i need to push back into (towards DS) the latch...I have to do it everytime...and its annoying

The way to get the hood to lock would be:

- Open the hood.

- Look down into the latch and see where the cable runs into the latch mechanism. There should be a metal piece on the latch that looks to the cable.

- Press this metal piece to the driver side.

- Shut the hood. Now it will latch.

I've picked up a new cable and latch. Should this fix it?

Can't remember how to do this...anyone have pictures?

accord2slow

Reaction score
Have someone pull up on the hood latch inside and then you pry up on the hood latch with a screw driver.

Slowfinger

Reaction score
Get your buddy to pull on the hood lever while you pull on the hook, causing it to rock back to the normal open position, you can even use a screwdriver to simulate the hood latch.

Back