Help! Wired up HIDs but only one turns on

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
'edit'

I flip flopped the bulbs yet the driver side still is not lit.. Could it be a bad ballast?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
try flipping the plug, you may have plugged it in the wrong way. otherwise, it may be your headlight socket - i had that problem, took a socket from another accord at junkyard, spliced it in and no more problems.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I rechecked everything and everythings plugged in correctly/the right way. The driver's side ballast doesn't even make a noise though when I turn on the headlights :thinking: ugh i'll be pissed if I gotta send these back

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Actually, Russianred you might have a point...

heres a picture of the 9006 connection on the working side:
ngd5iq.jpg

and heres a picture of the 9006 connection on the nonworking side:
s4awrm.jpg

notice its not pushed in as far yet I can't push it in any farther??

truWarier02

Reaction score
Yeah I had that problem when I installed these too. The driverside wouldn't light up even after checking all the wiring. I just kept unplugging and plugging and I finally got the plug to plug in all the way tight and it worked. Hopefully that works for you.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
check if its the same size as in the HID plug that plugs into the socket. if its right then you're not pushing it all the way in. it was the same for my high beams. i couldnt push it all the way in and i had a friend to do it. i was out of energy trying. haha not much of a mocho man. ):

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Russianred you da man! It FELT pushed in all the way but it really wasn't. Got them working thanks guys

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I had to push my left plug in damn hard. It's in when you hear that faint "click".

Back