Help with brakes

accordofak01

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently just started hearing a clicking noise everytime i am slowing down. I replaced the pads no more than 6 months ago and i would think they are still good?? It ll be a rapid click and then slow down as i slow down in speed?

Any Ideas????

Thanks
AK

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
sounds like your joint maaain. i had to replace mine a month or so ago. its about 110 bucks for both after you bring your old ones into autozone.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
no prob. make sure and check though. check your cv boots.. if they are ripped then go ahead and replace thewhole axle... dont bother with a boot kit.

Bax

Reaction score
cv boots.. if they are ripped then go ahead and replace thewhole axle... dont bother with a boot kit.

+1 that's what I did. You'll know once your cv joints go bad though, because they will make a popping noise when turning. You'll know exactly what it is.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
just take a look under the car i bet the boots busted and theres grease everywhere

jdmcg3

Reaction score
jack the front of the car up. put it in neutral and spin the tires by hand. listen for the sound. locate where its coming from. fix problem. grab a beer. call it a day.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
if its happening in a straight line when you pit the brakes on I wouldn't think its a cv. with a cv the outter's click on turns when they go bad and inners will make the car wobble on acceleration.

Back