help with clutch slave install, 4 cyl roll pin style

ducgroupie

Reaction score
I'm having an issue getting the roll pin into the clutch slave, I can't seem to get the hydraulic line in far enough to get the pin in and since it doesn't have a screw off end I can't put it in a vice like I've found others have done. Since the hydraulic line and tip appear to be all one piece and there isn't any nut style end to remove does anyone have a tip on how to get that pushed in far enough to get the roll pin in too. is there a tool, technique?
with it being such a tight space i'm having a real issue.
I've been searcing here, other accord sites, just googling for a couple months(it's my summer car) how to do this and am finally ready to bring it in to a mechanic shop and pay the bigger dollars.

so I'm hoping someone has an answer.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Are you using oem parts? I ask because I had mad issues with autozone master & slave. After 2 weeks of messing with it I broke down and spent the dough @ the dealer for the oem parts. No problems after that. I think so few of us are lucky enough to own the manual trans that these parts tend to sit on the shelf for a long time. This leads to internal seals going bad. Just my ¢.02 hope it helps.I know how much this sux bro good luck.

slowrider87

Reaction score
lol, i bought a OEM slave and ended up using one from Advance auto parts because the OEM one didn't come with the new pin and o-ring. anyways...

OP, this shouldn't be a problem. make sure the o-ring is seated properly and theres no bur's or anything on the line or slave. if your'e trying to get it attached to the slave while the slave it mounted to the tranny then do yourself a favor. take it off the tranny first. the fluid line will move around enough to get a better angle to look at and work it in.

dv8801

Reaction score
lol, i bought a OEM slave and ended up using one from Advance auto parts because the OEM one didn't come with the new pin and o-ring. anyways...

OP, this shouldn't be a problem. make sure the o-ring is seated properly and theres no bur's or anything on the line or slave. if your'e trying to get it attached to the slave while the slave it mounted to the tranny then do yourself a favor. take it off the tranny first. the fluid line will move around enough to get a better angle to look at and work it in.

samething i did. easiest way to put this pin in. what i did was put it in as much as you can with your hands. and i used something to bang it in lil by lil

Back