Help with part location.

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
I need someone to tell me where the fuel filter is on a 2000 Honda Accord EX (ULEV) 2.3 Engine. I looked under the hood and found nothing. Fuel line hooks up by the windshield and return line goes down under.

Thanks,

Tom

Drift

Reaction score
Its in the pump housing and shouldnt need to be replaced. . . Ever. I currently have 198k and have never replaced the filter.

jwong512

Reaction score
The ones in our cars never go bad. Look at the maintenance manual. They've never said anything about replacing the fuel filter at all. I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace it but it wouldn't kill your car if you didn't.

Drift

Reaction score
Dont fix whats not broken.

Its not a canister style filter that you may be imagining. Its just a sock filter with tiny holes that block sediment from being sucked up into the pump. Unless you've had a pump failure, there shouldnt be any need to replace the filter.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love how everytime this comes up in discussion with my friends with civics and tegs they can't believe that it never has to be replaced. I love the look on their faces, lol.

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
Ok, Thanks people of 6thgen. It was very helpful and saves me money for other things.

-Tom

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
LOL....jiffy lube and those other fear mongering shops always say to replcae your fuel filter every 20k and do an engine flush every 10k. What a bunch of BS...gasoline is a pretty harsh solvent. I've never changed a fuel filter in my life.

finch13

Reaction score
As clean as gas itself is, the sediments in it and the ones that enter the tank DO clog filters. They're not all that uncommon to change. Had to change it on my 95 Accord... once in 233k miles.

Back