Help!

Dat99accord

Reaction score
Hey guys, I drive a 99 accord ex v6 and my problem is that when I start my car, my engine doesn't turn on and then my alarm starts going off. Lights flickering and all that good stuff.

In the pass, my alarm has been going off once and awhile, but I didn't take it seriously cause I would think its the wind or something.

However today, as i was leaving my school, i unlocked my car and I noticed that there was none of that beep sound it would make while unlocking. The door unlocked but i guess my alarm didn't because once i got in and tried to turn on my car, the alarm would go off. I tired pressing my alarm key remote to turn it off but it doesn't work. I put my key into the driver door and tired to disable the alarm but it still didn't work. In the end, I waited for the alarm to stop and I then tried starting the car again and still no result. the alarm would start going off again and the engine remain dead. this time i waited for the alarm again, got some jumper cables and jump started it. I drove to autozone to have my battery tested and they said it was still good. The guy that worked there told me that i probably have a short circuit somewhere. On my way to autozone, sometimes my radio or headlights would turn off just for a second.
So now I'm at home and I have class tmrw in the morning. I don't think i will be able to go....

Anyone know whats going on? I'm planning on going to the honda dealer tmrw morning to see whats wrong. Just asking here to see if anyone knows.
(I have stock alarm)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dat99accord

Reaction score
ok so im home now and i cant turn off my alarm. the remote key wont respond and even the key to the doors wont disable the alarm. Anyone know whats going on?? i need help ASAP

Back