Hi-Flo Cat VS Testpipe

intel0116

Reaction score
what do you guys think about keeping stock cat back and pipes and simply just welding on a muffler or mufflers for us v6 rides ? or is that pretty much what he is asking ?

1slosedan

Reaction score
what do you guys think about keeping stock cat back and pipes and simply just welding on a muffler or mufflers for us v6 rides ? or is that pretty much what he is asking ?

A lot of people do that. A good clean look, with a bit of an after market growl is the CL-S mufflers. Search Ebay, this site, V6P.net and your local Craigslist listings.

With the way some states have cracked down on loud exhausts, and the natural change of whats trendy, you will find that most members on this site will recommend keeping your stock exhaust , or simply swapping mufflers with a better looking muffler type.

philtomphilpott

Reaction score
i run a test pipe with a full exhaust, its always better. **** the environment, these are 2.3-3.0l cars nothing is gonna happen lol. the compression isnt bad as long as you get one with a resonator. I use the megan racing setup, just get an 02 sensor simulator, or a spark plug faller and drill it out with a diamond tip bit(the o2 simulator will run you the same cash if you were to buy a faller and a diamond tipped bit) i havent had a check engine light on since feb.

JDMCG7

Reaction score
im running a stainless steel 2.5 test pipe with no res but a stock muffler its pretty raspy not loud but very bad smell i like it but then i dont i wish i still had my stock cat still

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
i run a test pipe with a full exhaust, its always better. **** the environment, these are 2.3-3.0l cars nothing is gonna happen lol. the compression isnt bad as long as you get one with a resonator. I use the megan racing setup, just get an 02 sensor simulator, or a spark plug faller and drill it out with a diamond tip bit(the o2 simulator will run you the same cash if you were to buy a faller and a diamond tipped bit) i havent had a check engine light on since feb.

.....your an idiot. your full exhaust and test pipe are most likely making your car slower due to the lack of back pressure. there's no compression in your exhaust....its called back pressure. And its a spark plug non-fouler/de-fouler... not a spark plug faller. learn the facts before you open your mouth and give someone false information. /rant

as for the topic at hand don't waste your money on either. If your cat's broke get a magniflow OE replacement cat like some before me said. The "high flow" magniflow cat that I got was a smaller diameter then my stock cat...not by much, but it was still smaller. doesn't sound very high flowing does it?

1slosedan

Reaction score
.....your an idiot. your full exhaust and test pipe are most likely making your car slower due to the lack of back pressure. there's no compression in your exhaust....its called back pressure. And its a spark plug non-fouler/de-fouler... not a spark plug faller. learn the facts before you open your mouth and give someone false information. /rant

+1

I read what philpott said, and immediately just shook my head and clicked out of the thread. Its hard to even try and make a response to something that is so completely incorrect.

JDMCG7

Reaction score
:gtfo: Philpott is :owned: by x5carl3tMurd3rx i truely agree running a full cat back with a tip no back pressure i was runnin JDM RS-R headers,2.25 cat back exhuast with a 2.5 test an a heeds turbo muffler an had no back presure at all. i was slow as f***. check engine light kept popping up but now im running Stock headers still 2.5 test pipe with 1.25 cat back piping with a stock muffler an guess what theres a little back presure but i know it can improve better when i get my cat.:thumbsup:

Accordman722

Reaction score
I have an apexi n1 exhaust with a gutted oem cat coming from a 4 2 1 header.I'm wanting to get a new cat but don't know what to get.I was thinking about geting a highflow cat but after reading this idk what to get now.So will I get more power from a stock cat or wil it make no difference ?

1slosedan

Reaction score
I have an apexi n1 exhaust with a gutted oem cat coming from a 4 2 1 header.I'm wanting to get a new cat but don't know what to get.I was thinking about geting a highflow cat but after reading this idk what to get now.So will I get more power from a stock cat or wil it make no difference ?

Its an accord engine, the question isn't about power, its more about do you want to have a loud car or not. I would just leave the stock cat IMO. The only way your ever going to get a real power difference out of these engines is boosting them.

Back