HID help please

tunedaccord

Reaction score
i havve the same problem. i installed my hids today and both of my lights just flicker for a few seconds and just shut off. i switched the ballasts and the bulbs but they still flicker and shut off. im also running with no relay harness. but i see alot of pple without relay harness and their hids work fine. do i have 2 bad ballasts?

you need a relay get one from ddm think they are 15bux not all car wiring are the same both my honda am not running a relay but my sisters yaris needed a relay cause the fatory system does not get enough power to turn the ballast on. heard that car that not running a relay know can damage/weaken factory stuff over time

Drew707

Reaction score
you need a relay get one from ddm think they are 15bux not all car wiring are the same both my honda am not running a relay but my sisters yaris needed a relay cause the fatory system does not get enough power to turn the ballast on. heard that car that not running a relay know can damage/weaken factory stuff over time

yea im thinking of buying a relay harness just in case. i just see so many pple without them. o well. hopefully it doesnt take another 4 weeks like my hids to get here.

02AemAccord

Reaction score
i have a relay harness in my 2010 odyssey, and i have had the van for six months and also put the hids and have had them in for six months also, last night i was driving and both flickered then turned off, i then turned the headlight switch off and then on again and the came on for about 10-15 minuted before starting to flicker again, both where doing at the same time, what could this mean, is my relay harness bad or the relay itself, please some help would be greatly appreciated

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
if anything with hid is not working properly...

check ballasts or bulbs by switching em around... (testing which is not working)

and if 1st time putting hid...

check the red and black wires... sometimes when u buy it... they put the clip backward...

and just play around with em...

i had my hid for about 3 yrs now and only need to replace the ballast (1of them) once...
and i have no relay harness...

and i have the ebay ones... they run about $45-65 for the whole kit... mine cost $55
so if it don't work just buy another kit and leave the bulb for emergencies...

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I don't understand this relay business I've been running the ballast directly connected to my stock harness for almost two years now. I haven't had any problems. Can somebody explain what these relays do?

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
^ i would like to know too...

this is all i know... its suppose to save u from some kind of electric interferer... like a fuse... i think???

Back