hid help

pewyee

Reaction score
i just bought an hid conversion kit today and installed everything myself. the hids wont turn on, im pretty sure i hooked everything correctly. how do i fix this?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
check your connections and make sure they are tight..... same thing happened when i first installed mine. make sure you hear clicks when you connect the plugs

nexTOme

Reaction score
if all that still doesnt solve the problem, test your ballast with computer power supply or something.....

ill post link soon....

pewyee

Reaction score
everything is tight..and the thing with the computer seems too complicated. Is there another way to check if i have a bad ballast? I remember my friends HID ballast would make noises when powered on, mine doesnt make any sounds. does that mean its broken or something

white beauty

Reaction score
seriously make sure u tighten the connections, u have to hear a click, if u dont they wont work, i thought mine were tight and they still didnt work, after about another minute of pushing i finally heard that click and they came on

nexTOme

Reaction score
if you're not even hearin that "weeeeeee" noise when ballast is powered up, either you have bad connection, or bad ballasts. check your harness once again. because i too had to check my harness twice when i was using xenondepot harness.

its the plug that connects to 9005/6(cant remember which one is the low beam) plug. like it was said, you have to hear "click".

pewyee

Reaction score
okay i got one side to work, but i cant get the other side to 'click' Is there a trick to getting it to click cause its really hard. my hands are starting to hurt.

nhsrunner

Reaction score
When I hooked mine up, I had to dremel one of the plastic tabs on the bulb off.

Back