hid help!!

st3b0

Reaction score
Okay, so i ordered ddm hids for my fog lights. whenever i plugged them in, they wouldnt turn on. So i searched and read something about putting them in the other way and now, my radio/acc (fogs) dont work

i replaced a 7.5 fuse that had blown, but they (radio) still wont come on
any ideas wft is wrong??

thanks guys

Millz

Reaction score
do you have the factory radio in there? if so you might need the code to unlock it

as for the fogs, did you check your grounds?

juicebox00

Reaction score
does the fog come on now but not the radio or will they both still not come on?

st3b0

Reaction score
do you have the factory radio in there? if so you might need the code to unlock it

as for the fogs, did you check your grounds?

yeah its the factory radio, but its just the radio, not the one with the cd player
yeah the grounds seem fine

does the fog come on now but not the radio or will they both still not come on?

neither come on bro :(

truWarier02

Reaction score
i think it happens with ddm hid kits. when i plugged mine in, i did everything correctly but they wouldn't turn on.. so i just pushed the harnesses in harder/more and that solved the problem. don't know if that was your problem or not.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol theres no way u can mess up a hid kit. either u plugged it in wrong or not tight enough. u did something wrong to even blow a fuse. :eh: explain wut u did.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
make sure you heard a click when you plugged in the hids.

when i put in my HID in my fogs my left side wasnt turning on and i figured it was the foglight harness, so i just messed around with it a bit and it worked. plug in the HID and twist and bend the fog harness to see if you had the same problem as me.

st3b0

Reaction score
ok okay okay i got it :)

i had it in the wrong way lol and then the accessory fuse blew. neither my fogs or my stock radio would come on. i checked my fuses and a 7.5 had blown so i replaced it but i accidently left my fogs on so i think it blew again. anyways i corrected the wiring and it still didnt work so i checked the fuses and replaced that 7.5 again and everything was well, i put the bumper back on and turned them on and they didnt turn on so i changed the the place my fogs were plugged into under the steering wheel (thanks Jephu). everything was going great till i blew the fuse for the amber so i upped it and now everything is perfect and my radio works!!

thanks guys for all your help, this is the reason i love this forum!

stephen

Back