HID Issue

Mikey

Reaction score
DDM 35w 5000k slim ballast
HID Harness

Got 'em, installed 'em, they ran fine. Well a few days after install, when I turn them on, they both ignite, but one cuts out. Same one; passenger side.

HOWEVER--if I turn them on BEFORE starting the car, they both fire up and stay on once the car is started.

Anyone experience this or have an idea as to what could be causing this?

Ive since double-checked all connections and everything's still intact and hooked up properly. This is the same set that I had issues with to begin with. One seemed a different color than the other. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I have a keen eye and I can notice it sometimes If Im behind a vehicle with a chrome/shiny bumper. Otherwise, while driving, I cant notice it.

:thinking:

99accord boi

Reaction score
its not u connections u need a wiring harness
but if it doesnt bother u jus leave them like that
mine do the exact same thing hahaha theve been workin fine for the past 6 months

ejreams

Reaction score
DDM 35w 5000k slim ballast
HID Harness

Got 'em, installed 'em, they ran fine. Well a few days after install, when I turn them on, they both ignite, but one cuts out. Same one; passenger side.

HOWEVER--if I turn them on BEFORE starting the car, they both fire up and stay on once the car is started.

Anyone experience this or have an idea as to what could be causing this?

Ive since double-checked all connections and everything's still intact and hooked up properly. This is the same set that I had issues with to begin with. One seemed a different color than the other. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I have a keen eye and I can notice it sometimes If Im behind a vehicle with a chrome/shiny bumper. Otherwise, while driving, I cant notice it.

:thinking:

Something I overlooked before, make sure your large gauge wires aren't bent past like a 45 degree angle.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the slim ddm ballast. I swapped it for the Apexicone raptor ballast and never ran into that issue again. If you don't want to use the raptor then try getting a relay, hopefully that would solve the issue.

Mikey

Reaction score
Something I overlooked before, make sure your large gauge wires aren't bent past like a 45 degree angle.
I didnt think to check that. Thanks.

I had the same issue with the slim ddm ballast. I swapped it for the Apexicone raptor ballast and never ran into that issue again. If you don't want to use the raptor then try getting a relay, hopefully that would solve the issue.
Dammit. Those fatties are hard to hide in the v6 bay.

The issue is on and off(no pun inteded :p). Sometimes they;; fire up when the car's on, other times they wont. If it keeps up long enough or really bugs me, ill get ahold of DDM and see what they suggest. Worse comes to worse, ill just swap it for the Apexicone.

Back