HID kit Club!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Just for clarification, I want everyone to know there is NO baller status in this thread. That's a retro.... not some 8000k HIDs. lol.

HID high beams are useless IMO, because they take take to "warm up" and if you have to turn them on and off, you're not really going to have much of a highbeam. AND especially if you're putting in like 10,000k high beams, that means you are actually making the light output WORSE. fyi.

/debbie_downer_mode.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Just for clarification, I want everyone to know there is NO baller status in this thread. That's a retro.... not some 8000k HIDs. lol.

HID high beams are useless IMO, because they take take to "warm up" and if you have to turn them on and off, you're not really going to have much of a highbeam. AND especially if you're putting in like 10,000k high beams, that means you are actually making the light output WORSE. fyi.

also, constant on/off is bad for kits.

which is why i never flicker my lights at anyone, cuz the low beams come on as well.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
I noticed people are putting hids on even old many vans. It seem every one and they mama have them now on cars that arnt even suppose to have them. Thats why when I get mind I will do it the correct way with the projectors that most cars come with today

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
Just added H-beams last night. 55w 4300k set. INSANELY bright, absolutely cant use them with other cars around. Thankfully, the lows are already good enough, So I only turn on the high beams if I'm up in the mountains or its really late, and if I do have to turn them off, it's only for 5-15 seconds. shouldn't be too bad for them, they don't cool off completely for at least a minute.

I'll take pics tonight.

EDIT:

Pics....

Highs
img0001h.jpg

Lows
img0002n.jpg

Highs
img0006i.jpg

Lows
img0005u.jpg

Low Beams: 35w 4300k 9006's
High beams: 55w 4300k 9005's

Pictures don't do it justice... A video might.

Last edited:

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
any pics of the DDM 35 watt 4500K kit ? that's the one i ordered, and i want to see how the color is....

Back