HID LIGHT Probs, Weird stufff

VInhDicate

Reaction score
So im driving down the road at night and notice that my left (sitting in the car) light bulb was off. So what i did was turned the switch off then on to see if it would turn back on. Amazingly it did, so i guess my light bulb isnt burnt, i mean i would be piss since i just bought it like 4 months back. After stopping at a red light i looked at the problem bulb and everything seemed fine, but after a while i notice it started to flicker, then turned off again. Still driving home i turned on and off my headlights, and the bulb would turn on for a bit, or for a long time, then turn off again. >.<;.... Whats going on? All my wires looks fine and both of my ballast are good. Im using H7 Bulbs 8000k, could it be my battery? Because my battery died on me a couple of times and i had to recharged it twice plus get a bunch of jump starts, but the battery seems fine now. Also sometimes when i try to start my car, nothing happens, i would have to keep turning the ignition to get it started Blah... accords >.>.... sorry for the long story. If you could help any thanks.

VInhDicate

Reaction score
i believe i do have a harness, not sure i didnt install the first HID into the accord, it was someone else, when the bulb ran out i just bought new ones. it was using 10000k with no problem, but i wanted a whiter clearer view so i got 8000k, Did that effect anything? im not so bright about this subject. I have two wires connecting from the ballest to the bulb, and one big wire from the ballest to i guess the battery? I should get a new battery too? lol, is that why my ignitiion not turning on my car sometimes? thanks again.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
i believe i do have a harness, not sure i didnt install the first HID into the accord, it was someone else, when the bulb ran out i just bought new ones. it was using 10000k with no problem, but i wanted a whiter clearer view so i got 8000k, Did that effect anything? im not so bright about this subject. I have two wires connecting from the ballest to the bulb, and one big wire from the ballest to i guess the battery? I should get a new battery too? lol, is that why my ignitiion not turning on my car sometimes? thanks again.

Does the wire going to the battery have a relay switch installed in between the ballast and the battery? Does ur car turn over and not start, or just it just make a click or no sound at all when u turn the key?

VInhDicate

Reaction score
a click noise and no sound at all when i turn the key T.T. I would have to turn it all the way back, then all the way foward multiple times. Mine is a 2002 Accord Ex.

rwong410

Reaction score
a click noise and no sound at all when i turn the key T.T. I would have to turn it all the way back, then all the way foward multiple times. Mine is a 2002 Accord Ex.

I think that's the sign of you needing a replacement battery.

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
I think that's the sign of you needing a replacement battery.

Agreed. My car was doing that, new battery fixed it. I had the same problem with my HID's as well, except it would occur when starting the car due to lack of adequate voltage with the starter running. Battery also fixed that.

It is troubling that it is happening while you are driving, the alternator should be picking up the slack. As someone else mentioned, do you have a relay in your wiring? If not, I would bet that's the problem.

the relay is basically a switch that uses the 12v signal normally used to power the bulbs to activate the relay, which then provides power for the HID's directly from the battery. This way, if the signal wires meant to power the bulbs do not have adequate voltage (which is very important with HID kits) they will continue work fine as long as the battery can provide supple voltage.

MSPaint:
relayy.jpg

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
i had the same problem and i thought that my bulb was going bad so i just ordered a new set. since then it never happened again

Fuzz

Reaction score
The bulb could be on its way out. When a bulb starts to die it puts extra strain on the ballast and will cause it to shut down sometimes.

Also, Ballasts and Bulbs do die. One of the best ways to check is take the igniter and ballast from the drivers side, and connect it to the passenger side and vice versa. If the problem switches sides then you know it is the ballast. If the problem is still on the drivers side then you know it is the bulb.

OR!!!

It has something to do with the wiring on the drivers side... grounding issue etc. The reason we relay HID kits is because HIDs like constant, non-stop 12v. They do not take kindly to voltage dips or any other electrical issues.

Back