HIDS 6k or 8k?

Marino3.0Coupe

Reaction score
There is definitely a color difference between 8K and 6K. If you want to post a pic, I can confirm the color.

As stated above, 6K has a very very very slight tint of blue. 8K has a strong light blue color and anything above gets to be a way darker blue.

Bleek0323

Reaction score
This is my 8K 55W DDM Kit, you be the judge.

P1020476.jpg

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
55w in halogen housings is beyond overkill IMO. You're probably blinding every other oncoming car on the road.. but that's just what I'm gathering from the pic you posted. Do your thing :)

SoCalAccord2000

Reaction score
yeah mine look the exact same there only blue when they warm up, then turn white, yours look aimed kinda high, mine are lower. i love them tho :hihi:

hondahana

Reaction score
This is my 8K 55W DDM Kit, you be the judge.

P1020476.jpg

does anyone realize when you do a 55w kit your defeating the purpose of HIDs? when u get a temp between 4300-5000k thats the stock stuff for high end cars. and a stock wattage is 35. with hids the purpose was more lumen out of 35watts vs 55w halogen. a 55w HID is straight waste. all of the temps 4.3-8 are all the same when warmed up but more spotting.

i have placed about 4-5 orders with ddmtuning now and the ranges are 5-6k for cars driven everyday. my cb7 has 6k which from this batch of bulbs is pure white. the cg2 gets 5k which has more blue in it. then there a montero and legend that have 6k in them and look sexy white with a hint of blue.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
55w in halogen housings is beyond overkill IMO. You're probably blinding every other oncoming car on the road.. but that's just what I'm gathering from the pic you posted. Do your thing :)

I love to blind stupid MOFO's who can't drive. :chucklesfawk:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
6k simply because they are brighter than 8k. You need to understand how light wavelengths, lumen & kelvin works. The more blue (8k) the light the more fuzzy it appears to the human eye due to wavelengths, next time you drive by an airport look at the blue runway lights and you'll see what I mean. Also the higher the kelvin the lower the lumen of the capsule. Many people mistake the kelvin number for how bright the bulb is, but it's a simple reference to a sliding scale called The kelvin Scale (thermodynamic absolute temperature scale).

SykVSyx

Reaction score
6k simply because they are brighter than 8k. You need to understand how light wavelengths, lumen & kelvin works. The more blue (8k) the light the more fuzzy it appears to the human eye due to wavelengths, next time you drive by an airport look at the blue runway lights and you'll see what I mean. Also the higher the kelvin the lower the lumen of the capsule. Many people mistake the kelvin number for how bright the bulb is, but it's a simple reference to a sliding scale called The kelvin Scale (thermodynamic absolute temperature scale).

That is some "Bill Nye The Science Guy" for you right there!

Of your choices, 6K....better would be 4300K.

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
8K FTMFW

personally i havent driven in the snow with my 8Ks. People which i have spoken with who have 6Ks say they cant see poop. (I drove with in a 08 Civic with 6Ks in the snow and it was not pretty)

Back