Hifonic speakers suggestions.

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
I know Hifonics makes pretty good subs but wondering if anyone has them as car speakers?
I want to know some info about them. I was almost going to purchase them but wanted to ask peoples opinions.

Last edited:

krylonking104

Reaction score
Re: Hifonics

eh i dont know too much about their speakers, but their amps are pretty decent.

finch13

Reaction score

Listen to some brand name speakers at an audio store. Infinity makes okay stuff, but some people think the highs are too harsh. Speakers under $100/pair are all fairly similar in sound and performance.

Personally, Hifonics is pretty much the Tein of car audio. You pay more for the name than the performance. Hifonics is more a middle range amplifier, where somthing like Alpine, MTX, and Kenwood would consistently perform better and supply their acutal rated wattage (if not more). Those are just brand name amps, there are some other fairly good ones out there.

eggyhustles

Reaction score

Listen to some brand name speakers at an audio store. Infinity makes okay stuff, but some people think the highs are too harsh. Speakers under $100/pair are all fairly similar in sound and performance.

Personally, Hifonics is pretty much the Tein of car audio. You pay more for the name than the performance. Hifonics is more a middle range amplifier, where somthing like Alpine, MTX, and Kenwood would consistently perform better and supply their acutal rated wattage (if not more). Those are just brand name amps, there are some other fairly good ones out there.

phoenix gold rsd would out perform any component in the 100-200 range.

also, most hifonics amps do rated wattage. better than kenwood imo.

krylonking104

Reaction score

agreed, i actually tested my HiFonics Brutus BXi1206 and it was within a 15watt RMS range of the rated RMS power... i was pretty surprised. Pays off to take a circuit analysis class in college huh ;):jae:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
im personally looking at getting 2 12"s of there 4800watt Olympus sub..along with 2 4000.1 amps to power them.

I had there hifonics titan 750watt mono amp powering my 12" kicker L7 and it pounded very hard.
from what iv heard,its either a love or hate deal. some people say they suck some say there indestructible

xx24xx

Reaction score

phoenix gold rsd would out perform any component in the 100-200 range.

also, most hifonics amps do rated wattage. better than kenwood imo.

While I agree that PG RSDs are a great set of speakers for under $100, there is way WAY better products out there for $100-200.

CDT, Audioque, Rainbow, Image Dynamics, DD and many more have products that will put those PG RSDs in the dirt under $200. The AQ6.5 comps are $199 and sound better than a lot of stuff betweein $3-500.

Hifonics amps are typically rated at 14.4V. They do have stuff thats better than Kenwood, but lets be honest. Hifonics amps are very inefficient and not as clean as a lot of people think.

xx24xx

Reaction score
im personally looking at getting 2 12"s of there 4800watt Olympus sub..along with 2 4000.1 amps to power them.

I had there hifonics titan 750watt mono amp powering my 12" kicker L7 and it pounded very hard.
from what iv heard,its either a love or hate deal. some people say they suck some say there indestructible

Whats your budget?

Back