High MPG Record

Jeffro

Reaction score
I just want to throw out my own personal MPG record, and claim myself as the self proclaimed highest MPG driver on 6ga. I realize this goes against what 90% of what ya'll are about, but my current needs right now include fewer modifications and more mpg with the rising costs, along with being married and everything else.

I completely changed my driving habits about a week and a half ago, to include a lot more "coasting" in neutral down hills, and maintaining slower speeds (typically the speed limit.) Anyhow, I used to average between 32.0 and 32.7 mpg over the last year and a half (summer, not winter). My goal and belief was I could try and achieve 35 mpg or better (I drive 95% highway, fyi). I started my change with 3/4 of a tank of fuel, and managed about 550 miles on 15.8 gallons of fuel or so, and I achieved 34.625 mpg on that tank. I figured I should easily get another 2 out of my car, setting my goal at 36.5 mpg on a full tank. Well, I checked my numbers today, and here is what they looked like (sorry about the cell pics, it was all I had on me):

webhighmile1mm2.jpg

webhighmile2vd7.jpg

610.1 miles and 15.622 gallons. Total: 39.05 mpg :squintfinger:

For the record, I thought for sure I was going to go more than 16 gallons. Heck, I could have gone another 40 miles and been safe. Maybe next time. Anyway, I feel I've set the bar. I want to see if anyone can top it, or if I'm going to be the first one to do it. I checked my original window sticker, and I'm rated for 32 mpg all highway according to the EPA in 2000.

Long story short, 39.05 mpg bishes, top that. :leeann:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
My best was 565 miles on a tank and that one averaged out to just under 36 mpg, props though, that is some killer gas milage!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ban! :darryl:

i get 400 ish :sad: and i drive like a granny :sad: my best would be 460 to the tank, going 90% freeway.... vegas trip yo :rock:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i got 32mpg on my V6 on one tank.....with my 18"s....no interior tho...and never going over 3000rpm....im sure i could have gotten better if i had my 15"s on and pumped the tires upto 50psi...but it took me like a week and a half of no VTEC to achieve this...so i only did it once....

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, you milked every ounce out of that tank.

You should find something cheap with a 6spd and see what you can do.

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Just wondering....how long before you filled up did your gas light come on? My fricken gas light comes on after I have only used like 13.9 gallons. I always get too nervous after I've driven 40 or so miles after the gas light comes on:skurred:. I have never been able to pump 15 gallons in my tank (but I know it is a 17 gallon tank.)
BTW, the best I have ever gotten was 35mpg:squintfinger:

AngusTEx

Reaction score
WTH! IMPOSSIBLE! :D

Whenever I do go on long road trips (~95% HWY), I do all upshifts at 2300-2500 rpm, coast down as many downhills as possible, windows up, moonroof closed, and just fan on no A/C needed. Only engine mod is K&N drop-in filter. My best is only 32 mpg. Then again, I pull my hair out if I'm only doing the speed limit. Average speed is usually 80-85 mph. :D

Now only if I can slow it down to 60. :skurred:

Back