Hit the curb going pretty quick

99accord boi

Reaction score
sucks bro
but i have a hard time believeing u understeered at 25
u have bald tires or sumething
to answer ur question u should get new bushings becauss aside from being 11+ years old u put all the bushings in the suspension under alot of stress with ur accident

9450erick

Reaction score
Was not alcohol related. Just got a lil excited about being back in school and goin out that day. i dont know if it was 25 cuz i was lookin @ the curb the whole time until i hit it lol. I know i was in secind gear hitting mayb 4,000 rpm
but when i felt the understeer i slammed on the brakes(no streaching though)
so i feel @ 4,000 rpm im going about 40mph slammed on the breaks reduce my speed to maybe 35 idk. What i think what caused it was my tires. I have had problems with my tires not gaining traction. they werent bald but they were low profile 215/35/18. I also have 24mm progress rear sway bar, UR 4pt brace, so i thought i could make it, guess i was wrong. I dont really want to take it to the shop because if its just the radius rod i can do that myself but i might have to just to put it on a lift and see the damage. Without the radius rod the wheel is not centered and hits the body so i cant go that far. Is there a posobility my frame is bent?? or some permanent damage???

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
you slammed on the brakes.. someone needs a little more practice driving :) btw... you either have a really questionable set up.. or you are missing a detail? cars wont really understeer at that speed.. even FWD.. unless you were accelerating :naughty:

anyhow, if its a curb, and your wheel didnt break, i'd consider yourself lucky, since it could've been much worse. might have to check every single component, but if anything.. take it to a shop and get a quote mate, if you're not a mechanic, you wont always be able to see whats wrong, even if you knwo what to look for. unless you have a mechanic friend?

9450erick

Reaction score
yes i was accelerating through the turn
i think ima fix the radius rod and then drive it to a shop

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
only time I've ever understeered at that speed was when I was spinning tires in second gear. slow down. and but some tires that actually grip the road instead of whatever crappy tires you have that apparantly can't "gain tractioin st 25mph"

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
it happened to me when i was using my tls rims... and guess what???

it was time to flip tires... but by then... both of my pasenger side rims are curb owned... and one of the metal braket on the rear broke in half... and my front axle need replacement... and realign car... and so on...

it was a pain... and after i finish fixing things up... i moved on... and sold my 6thgen...:boohoo:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Invest in an lsd. Anyway I might have an extra end link laying around but I don't know if it's for driver side or passenger.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Was not alcohol related. Just got a lil excited about being back in school and goin out that day. i dont know if it was 25 cuz i was lookin @ the curb the whole time until i hit it lol. I know i was in secind gear hitting mayb 4,000 rpm
but when i felt the understeer i slammed on the brakes(no streaching though)
so i feel @ 4,000 rpm im going about 40mph slammed on the breaks reduce my speed to maybe 35 idk. What i think what caused it was my tires. I have had problems with my tires not gaining traction. they werent bald but they were low profile 215/35/18. I also have 24mm progress rear sway bar, UR 4pt brace, so i thought i could make it, guess i was wrong. I dont really want to take it to the shop because if its just the radius rod i can do that myself but i might have to just to put it on a lift and see the damage. Without the radius rod the wheel is not centered and hits the body so i cant go that far. Is there a posobility my frame is bent?? or some permanent damage???

sure sounds like the frame might have been damaged

i would do the following

take it to an alignment shop have them measure with a tape ruler to see what part of your suspension is out of whack

this helps determine if something is bent vs everything is just shifted ( if everything is shifted and not bent, on visual inspection its hard to tell what exactly is damaged)

after they make some measurements you'll have an idea of the damage and cost

Go to westend alignment since you are in los angeles, the price is pretty high but worth it ( will need to call and make an appointment.. 2-3 wk usual wait time)

xmsleepr

Reaction score
i take on ramps marked 25MPH at 35-40MPH with ease my cars stock shocks/springs with TL typeS rsb and front strut bar...

i doubt you damaged much at that speed unless something was already broken before you hit the curb

Back