Ho alternator for soundsystem

LeatherKicks

Reaction score
And a future paperweight. =P He basically described using resistors and underdrive pulleys to overdrive the rotor.... hope they are at least bigger in size or windings too.... who knows.

hondahana

Reaction score
anyone had the powermaster HO?? i had one for my f22 on my cb7. it was the 200 amp i beleive. had to have a custom bracket.

ill be in the market for HO alt after i sell my current system. i would like 200amps as i will be add another batt. anyone know how the V6 alts are? wondering if a custom bracket is needed or a longer belt? little things like that i would like to know ahead of time.Want more a drop in and go type app.

ps yellow tops are great for systems who ever stated that optima isnt good for systems.ran 2 for 3 years on a stock alt before i got the power master. that was with 2500 rms plus. one was group34 and one was 31.

LeatherKicks

Reaction score
I called Excessive. They actually use different alternators than stock, of course. To obtain 250 amps he said he could use a GM alternator. Brackets and everything would have to be made yourself... seems more complicated that it sounds. $415

I'm probably going with a DC Power 270amp like the original poster.
Then again I have 4000watts give or take to run in the car. 4000/14V = 280 something Amps

Mechman said the 240amp has minor belt slip when pushing over 200 just because of the belt design. 1 year warranty.

Both claim no idle issues.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I believe you can use an alternator of an Oddessy that is higher output than stock, I am not sure this is true but I believe I read it on this board way back. It won't be a huge upgrade but should be reliable as stock and again, I believe it is a direct bolt in.

nsjames

Reaction score
Can't find a local alternator/electric motor rebuild shop?

The local guy to me will make the windings whatever amperage you want, as long as they'll fit in the case, which is probably why the 400 amp is in a GM case. They're substantially larger than the Honda case.

Brackets wouldn't be hard.

Rainman215

Reaction score
I've went through 2 dc power 270xps. Along with 2 other 6th gen users that I know of. I've had mine sitting in my basement for a few months now... They said they are redesigningthe case/bracket because two keep breaking. I have about 9k rms

accord2loud

Reaction score
i must be lucky. i got a 200amp alternator for 230 bucks. all 0 gauge wires and ground wires upgraded.
(2) Jl 13w7............gonna upgrade to an RE XXX 18 soon

Betourne

Reaction score
Ight, so i have the same half of what your running in my coupe currently, with a stock alt and a optima yellow top. funny I've been lookin around for a HO alt to fix my system.

so far these guys are the only one i could find (https://www.dcpowerinc.com/?year=0&make=0&model=0&engine=0) but since your not running this on a accord you could probably JFGI and you might find some more

That's my tentative for my car, that and to run a second batt in the trunk (http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/product.asp?C=1&P=KHC2400)
problem solved

Betourne

Reaction score
There is no way any car out will have a trunk big enough to fit 4 L7's, if you get them all in (which I doubt can even fit) you will not have enough air volume either in the box or the trunk for these subs to work as designed. If you don't give them enough air to move around in the box itself they will never sound as clean as they should or get as loud as they can. 4 L7 should be done in a SUV or a Truck. Trust me 2 is plenty............

Back