Honda Accord controversy at Cars And Coffee Dallas

JaredB_LX

Reaction score
Hey guys, recently I brought my accord to a car meet, or at least I thought. I brought my accord to my local cars and coffee( Cars And Coffee Dallas ). Maybe a few days later I saw a Facebook post, that I'll include photos below, basically somebody called my car raggedy and a piece of trash. While I was viewing the post I was nodding my head both in anger and agreement, yes my car is a raggedy accord, but it's a meet and it's always been first come first served, and you don't call another persons car a piece of trash, no matter what it is, keep it to yourself. Needless to say I showed up at the meet at 4:30, parked my car and then thought it was all good, apparently not. A few days later cars and coffee themselves posted that they were going to limit stock cars now. After seeing this, and the controversy and how butt hurt people are getting in the comments made me a little angry, just wanted to know your guys opinions about it. Was it right to put it in the show? I absolutely think so, car meets are supposed to be all about diversity and about having a good time. Let me know how you guys felt about this. Thanks!

Last edited:

JaredB_LX

Reaction score
18496e91e8b66872c85e31facd4e52a5.jpg
0c2f1a5416f5bc27434f9776936ed4aa.jpg
e337ecae8bf424d8e1dc175359fd3431.jpg
91186e6eb225a6b2d6c59f8eafe61cce.jpg
7136cbc1c1e01966873497c2242b403f.jpg
9baededd80e21298465e507d9b90ac74.jpg
6ccf6fcad3cbff970a88ee02913e1327.jpg
5a346a8d5d5a4b28e40008493464d5be.jpg
70c570ceb6df7ba8bca391f46e7b154b.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This is so disheartening to see, and it's exactly what is wrong with the car culture today. Cars & Coffee is not about makes or models, it's about people getting together to talk and share their rides. That's the beauty of it, it's for anyone and anything, and it's refreshing to have meets like this because too many others (ie SOWO) are really only about certain makes and anything else and its owner that shows up are put down. C&C is supposed to be a safe haven for anyone that likes cars to come and share their ride and see others as well.

I get people don't really get into stock cars, it makes sense unless you drive that same car. But if it doesn't interest you, move on to the next one...not difficult. That person who brought that stock car might be hoping to meet others who own the same car as them, and share and talk about them to learn and start knowing how to modify it so it isn't just a stock car anymore. Everyone starts somewhere, people easily forget that. If your car that has been individualized and beautified can't find a prime space to be shown, get there earlier next time. We're all adults here.

The weekly C&C meet I go to is incredible, what I love about it is you never know what is going to show up - every weekend it's different. And everyone is mature and no one publicly puts down another car and/or its owner. Sometimes cars that look ratty or neglected show up, but if you get talking to that person you'll understand it all a little better. Everyone has a right to be there, they all come for a reason. Here's the thread if interested: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47307

Bottom line, it's not much of a Cars & Coffee meet if people like this destroy it. I'm sorry for the poor attitude you have to put up with, but no matter what you do don't make a fool of yourself, just handle it like you have been. I admire your patience and maturity.

Last edited:

JaredB_LX

Reaction score
Thanks you so much! Yeah, it's definitely disheartening, getting really tired of the Dallas meet its more of an ego contest than a meet. Cars and coffee lost me this time for sure, basically they're saying that they need better cars. As if they don't have enough already, it's a social status and a money game and I brought my car there, not because it's stock, because I had fun. What's funny is that it showed the maturity of some people, and the fact that an accord got more attention than any other car there is just awesome to me. Like you said you have to start somewhere. Can't wait for the accord meet in Arlington, finally a place where we can all relate without trying to one up the other, an accord is an accord, and I have to say we have the best fan base I've seen in along time.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yea, shouldn't be about 1-upping each other. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and financial situations. The other week my car was parked in front of a new Z06 and a couple people walked right past my car to look at the Vette. Even as much as I've done to my car, it's still an Accord and it doesn't get the attention of everyone, we all appreciate certain things more than others. Do I wish I had something that was more wild and amazing that appealed to more people in general? Sure, but I also don't want to live in debt lol.

Anyway, yeah we can't all afford GTR's or M5's, so we should be able to show up somewhere and still be appreciated. And if someone can't bring themselves to give you 1 compliment, the least thing they could do is extend you the courtesy of mild neglect.

Sounds like you're not going to go back? But glad you can find other meets to attend. My local C&C is the only regular thing around here, not much goes on in Ohio with imports lol. So I'm glad I'm not experiencing what you are.

Last edited:

JaredB_LX

Reaction score
Definitely going back, just not parking in the show. Definitely going to try to park in the show, but if I get thrown out, just gonna park close and still enjoy the show as much as I can. Car meets are about the only thing that make me happy, I love talking to people about cars and meeting new people. Wonder the reaction if I were to park it in the show next month... We'll have to see but it's nice to know somebody agrees with me.

james'99

Reaction score
Here in NY, the problem I continue to have with the local meets is everyone's car is the best to them. Everyone is just so full of themselves. It is absolutely ridiculous. The difference in-between a car show and a car meet in my eyes is the type of people they appeal to. Car meets are for those who are full of themselves and want to show off. Plus, 90% of these jerks are just doing hole-shots in and around a bunch of people in the parking lot all night. Car shows are the people who bring down their cars to create variety, and then learn about everyone else's stuff and just appreciate everything. It is sad what people do today. I absolutely cannot stand it.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
From my experience, the only people that really have a problem with others' cars are people that don't own a car or drive around their moms van. People are always telling me what to do with my car, but I tell them to worry about themselves before they start pointing fingers. It's difficult to find real car enthusiasts. The people that claim to be car enthusiasts are actually only interested in one specific make and model and anything else you say is wrong. If they don't allow you to attend a car meet then chances are they aren't the type of people you want to be around. Sorry about that. We had a big car meet every Friday i would like to go to sometimes but then a couple people ruined it for everyone.

JaredB_LX

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment! Cars and coffee unfortunately wants only the best, I don't want to go to a meet or show where cars are perfect, I want to see the people who put time into their car, in some cases that means a couple of dents and patchy paint. It's good to have diversity and my local cars and coffee meet is just throwing that out of the window with,"perfect cars only". Hopefully more meets will open up where it's actually a meet, not to where you have to have a sema show car to get in. Hopefully they will realize their mistake before it's too late.

el gallo

Reaction score
Everyone is on a different level. Just because your car is 'stock' does not mean that its just another car. When you put your time and effort into your ride, ie oil changes, tune ups, water pump replacement, any work done to your car by you it changes things. Most if not all those douche bags that talk s#!+ have never worked on their on car they send that stuff out for someone else to do it.

My car looks like crap but all work is done by me And only me. In time when money is right I'll have it magazine worthy but before then f..k them all I have is self pride and you can not take that. Pat yourself on the back and middle finger to those who have small members.

Last edited:
Back