Hood opinions

F23TypeR

Reaction score
So exterior wise I have a mugen lip, type r grille and black housed headlights. What I was thinking some time down the road is buying a oem style cf hood. Dont get me wrong I love the look of carbon fiber but what I am thinking of now is to paint the stock hood black and painting the lip and grille to match. I think the cf hood standing out from the lip and grille would just get to me too much but idk, what do you guys think?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

tr0n

Reaction score
before i give my opinion, pics of current set up please

smoky

Reaction score
idk what color your car is but by painting the hood black seems kinda cheesy..that's just my opinion though..if you like it then go for it..i would much rather rock a cf hood than a black hood imo

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
the cf is worth it :D, black just looks mismatched unless your going panda

meximan16

Reaction score
don't paint carbon fiber, or your stock hood black. looks ghetto imo unless it flows right with the whole car

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the cost to paint a hood is 60% of a cf hood... save up and do it right

F23TypeR

Reaction score
the cost to paint a hood is 60% of a cf hood... save up and do it right

If my op was read you would know that I am NOT trying to paint the hood black to imitate cf, if I liked the look of the cf then I would get a cf hood plain and simple but I think that if the hood was painted black and the lip + grille matched then it would look better than having the cf hood. It is part my fault for not being able to show pics until now to illistrate my point but oh well. On the other hand if the black hood would realy look cheesey then I wont do it.The idea for my car is to NOT make it look like I just came from rice town with an rediculous body kit, chrome tail lights and an airplane wing on my trunk

Last edited:
Back