hood strut mount

jbuff

Reaction score
this goes out to anyone who has hood struts/lifts....can you take a pic of your bracket that attaches to the body (lower mount)....im not sure what style bracket i need and also want to know where you guys mount it to. thanks in advance

jess

AFAccord

Reaction score
Courtesy of hancockd...

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

My parts are already on the way to my door step, so if I have time to install them this week, I'll post up a DIY.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Ran into some issues with mounting the top mount.

Bottom Mount
_MG_5148.jpg

Both Mounts
_MG_5153.jpg

Top mount with Strut
_MG_5157.jpg

Bottom Mount with Strut
_MG_5159.jpg

Top Mount. As you can see no room to fit a nut and washer up behind that hole. I've got some more researching to do.
_MG_5161.jpg

Ball Studs
_MG_5163.jpg

Packing Slip with items highlighted
_MG_5155.jpg

Last edited:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Damn dude that sucks to hear... I'll check it out and see what insight I can get for you... :)

Neight

Reaction score
so i guess you will have to get those bottom mounts off a V6? I have a set of struts already , but didnt know where to get the mounts for the fender. I can;t wait for someone to install them in their 4cyl.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Hancockd, you might get a shot for us of the top mount with the ball-bolt thingy removed. A flat blade screwdriver do the back of the socket will let the damper separate from the ball, then you can screw it out. I imagine it's a nut welded to the inside of that hole.

Neight, the bottom mounts are welded in place, and I didn't see them on the parts list I posted above. I think it'll just be easier to mount a strong L bracket there. :thumbsup:

In other news, I just returned from Lowes, with what I BELIEVE is everything I'll need to make it work. I'll post up shortly with the results.

Last edited:
Back