Hopefully soon, Accord project.

Krieger88

Reaction score
So after my old man does my engine swap(reference to my last thread) and gets my car running again I have a lot ahead of me it seems. And I guess here is the best place to get opinions.
Firstly I have to replace the fenders on my 2000 Accord, from what I've seen I have quite a few options. Get used ones for cheap at a junk yard,
these I found on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02-HONDA-ACCORD-DX-EX-LX-METAL-FENDER-BODY-KIT-01-00-/160443807622?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda|Model%3AAccord|Year%3A2000&hash=item255b323786 It looks cool but I'm not totally sold on them. (if anyone knows a place that sells fenders for cheap and aren't made of tinfoil or something I'd appreciate it :)

I think after the fenders are replaced I need to sand the car down and repaint it. Obviously I'm taking it somewhere (though I've seen that some people can do it themselves. But knowing me, I'd **** it up. I'm thinking of painting it black. Probably going to take it to a maaco.

Also before it's painted, I'm kinda on the fence whether I want to get a small stock spoiler with the brake light in it. I mean I always wanted one but I'd rather have better vision out my back window than having it at 80%. Though I've seen that there's a lip for the trunk you can put on. I'm not too sure which I'll pick.

I'm also thinking about looking for a modest styled body kit with the side skirts, and bumper lips. I saw some kits on ebay for like 200-300 but not too sure.
I'm probably going to get the windows tinted down the road too.

And lastly, probably the only think I'm going to attempt myself is to redo the interior, change that ugly *** tan to something more appealing. I've seen dye for fabrics that I could use on the seats and rugs ( depending on how well it works on a test subject (aka an old towel) and the vinyl seems to me as something easy to paint. Though I'm thinking maybe I'll paint the vents, seatbelt plastics, parts of the doos, a blue. I'll probably post pics of the before then eventually the afters. Hopefully by this time next month I'll at least have some process

eggs

Reaction score
i wouldnt get those fenders just get some oem style fenders if thats what you asking...

as for body kit... your better off spending the money and getting lip kit.. body kits are played out and require a lot of work to make them fit properly..

and as for the spoiler just get an m3 lip spoiler

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i'd have to say avoid those fenders, something about them just seems tacky. as for the spoiler problem, i can barely even see mine out of my rearview mirror, and its not in the way of anything IMO. but good luck with the rest of the car, welcome

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
For fenders go junkyard or the like. TASauto may still sell them.

I've heard both good and bad things about Maaco. Even still I think they are okay for small touch ups or maybe a bumper...but I'm not sure I'd take my car there if the whole thing is geting painted.

As for the spoiler, just depends on what you think looks better. Really doesn't affect visibility, at least for me. There are some great trunk lip options if you are a sedan.

Body kit is different than a lip kit. Body kits usually replace the bumper cover or add on a significant amount of material, whereas a lip kit just adds to the underside of what's already there, meaning they are usually more subtle. Whatever you do, beware of fiberglass.

A couple people on here have used dye to change their interiors, if you search you will find some good info. And there is also good info on what people have done to their interiors in terms of painting, etc that will help give you ideas or direction, so take a look.

metrick1235

Reaction score
Take it from experience, The ebay fenders are not gonna be what you want. Yes they have a different style but your looking at a thinner sheet metal and wont line up exactly as it should.. I bought ones for my toyota truck that were off ebay and they never lined up took alot of bending brackets to make them fit right, youd be better off getting some from a junk yard.

Back