Horsepower

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrod99

Reaction score
^^Hmmm...domestics aren't bad, but i just have no intrest in that kind of technology. I love the engineering and design of the modern-day 4 cyl engines. From the flat Scooby EJ20 to the inline Honda B-series. These are just fun for me to work on and drive. If you asked me like 4 years ago, i'd be all about Corvettes and stuff, but as soon as i was introduced to the 'import scene,' i've never turned back!

Oh, and must i bring up the older S2K-120hp per liter of displacement!!

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
acrod99 said:
Oh, and must i bring up the older S2K-120hp per liter of displacement!!

Excellent point.

That's why that car (and probably any hi powered Honda) has such good performance up top.

But there's nothing like being thrown in the back after lauching a V8

acrod99

Reaction score
But there's nothing like being thrown in the back after lauching a V8
I cannot argue-go for a ride in my old neighbor's '64 Chevelle(damn! :D), although i've been pulled back by many-a-imports ;)! I don't like to argue much on this subject because i am a true convert and i still have much love for the burly V8's. I just no longer would buy one.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
acrod99 said:
I cannot argue-go for a ride in my old neighbor's '64 Chevelle(damn! :D), although i've been pulled back by many-a-imports ;)! I don't like to argue much on this subject because i am a true convert and i still have much love for the burly V8's. I just no longer would buy one.

No arguement.
I agree, there are some incredible 4cyl cars and I'm all for them.
But Honestly speaking, without force induction, we don't produce much power. The only 4cyl naturally aspirated car I can think of that makes the most power is the S2000

acrod99

Reaction score
Mmm...S2K's are amazing! Haha. I feel you on the forced induction point, too. I love the spool and hiss of a turbocharged car, though! I'll have a turbo'd '4 banger' for the rest of my life! They are just too much fun to tune and tweak. Just my .02

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Muyo said:
Damn BK, you should just go out and get some crappy domestic if you love torque so much... I always see you posting Mustangs and **** :rolleyes: . If I didnt know that you owned an Accord I would say that you hate imports.

You sure you got the right person? I don't think I've ever posted about mustangs or anything your talking about. So where ever your pulling that from, better put it back.

acrod99

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
You sure you got the right person? I don't think I've ever posted about mustangs or anything your talking about. So where ever your pulling that from, better put it back.
BK=Blacknight ;)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I really don't have anything against domestic cars. If it wasn't for their reliability issues I would probably have one. Maybe it's me, but I see nothing wrong with owning a Cobra, Z06, or GTO.
BUT, I see nothing wrong with have an Evo, STi, or S2K either.
I'm not one to bash on cars. A true car enthusiast can respect any car and any car manufacturer to a limit. Yes, the Cobra may have a cheesy interior, but Honda has problems with it's V6 trannys. So what Mitsubishi finally has a performance 4dr car, they're still known for producing unreliable motors. So what Honda's are known for having no torque, our resale value is one of the highest in the automotive market.
There's always gonna be a pro and con with cars because everyone has an opinion. Personally, I love my Accord, but I know there's someone who absolutely hates them and vice versa.
Bottom line is that, we should appreciate all cars and what they have to offer, but that'll never happen because of this so called import/domestic war...LOL

But, I'd still take a naturally aspirated V8 over a force inducted 4cyl....That's just me though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back